Is there really ample parking at Port of Miami?

lucywestie

So we are definitely going to be parking at the Port. But on the day we depart there are 5 ships leaving. I couldnt find the number of available spaces within the parking lot so will there be any issues when I arrive? Will I have to drive around and around the various lots trying to find a spot?

I plan to arrive before midday as our suggested boarding time is from 1145hrs onwards. I realise that people disembarking will be removing their cars from the lots but still, is there ample parking when you have so many ships arriving on one day.

There is plenty of parking. I've been there with more ships than 5 in port.

I highly recommend parking at the port. My take is that it is safer and well worth the money compared to alternatives.

If you don't want to worry about this I would arrive around 11:00 AM.

Keith

Ditto what Keith said. We too have been there with five ships in port and there is plenty of parking. Worth the extra cost to us, we prefer the peace of mind and feeling that our vehicle is safer in the port than some of the surrounding parking areas.

We sailed out of Miami in September -- to Cuba on Fathom. We parked at the port, at the parking lot in front of the departure area for our cruise. There might have been a dozen cars in the lot. However, when we returned, we came into a different pier, tugged our luggage outside, got on a bus, got dropped off at the parking lot where we'd left the car, and wrestled the luggage back into the car. Not a horrible experience, but a nuisance. I suspect that because its a new line, they didn't have a pier of their very own and were sort of fit in where there was room. But parking space was definitely not an issue.

Thanks for the quick replies. We are driving down from Canada over 2 nights and then spending the night before the cruise in Fort Lauderdale. We have already planned to park at the Port rather than off sight. Have heard nothing good..or rather..solid about off site parking and we have already planned for the cost of POM parking. Going away for 16 days so would rather our vehicle was in a secure and covered lot than somewhere with scant security etc.

I believe its about 45 minutes from where we are staying to the Port so plan on leaving by 10-ish anyway if not earlier. Dont mind if we have to hang around the port or even sit in the truck in the parking lot for a bit before we check in. Its all part of the trip.

(though the really lousy exchange rate between Canada $ and U.S. $ is ridiculous right now)

Edited by lucywestie