Cell phone question

Sandi07054

Was wondering what others do about cell phone use when they out of the country.

Does anyone use whatsapp?

Will be on msc splendida in a few weeks. Would like to use my phone in rome and in ports. I just checked international calling plans with verizon. 10.00 per day only if you use it or 40.00 for the month. Msc splendida was not on Verizon's list so I guess I can't use it on the ship

Yes we used Whatsapp on our RCCL trip last January. MSC has pretty decent wifi packages that has has the social apps only without voice or video. You can text on Whatsapp if you get the cheapest Wifi package.

We too have Verizon and are probably going to do the $10 per day for one of our phones while in town. We did that in Mexico in March and it worked well - though was less than $10 per day.

I didn't check rates for the month. For the $10 per day - you just add to your data limit to your US plan. Is that the same for the per month? Might be worthwhile for us as we will be in London and Rome pre and post cruise.

Edited by chinita415

Your on vacation, disconnect.

Have done so when we were on cruises the Galapagos and Great Barrier Reef. But for Europe with such ports intensive itinerary, I want to have access for train schedule etc as we are doing DIY at each place.

Thanks everyone. I so appreciate the help

I agree on vacation but this is my first time out of the country without my husband so he does want me connected.

I think the verizon monthly is a tad different than the daily rate. I don't know how to add a pic or I would have shown you the info from the website.

I'm still thinking about which plan.