Splash Academy

debnjoe1438

Hello will be traveling with 5 grandchildren (and their parents) on the Epic in a few weeks. Just wondering if there have been times when there are more kids on the ship than can register for the Splash Academy.

Can kids be signed up for the Splash Academy prior to sailing?

On the ship will there be some one in the atrium to sign kids up or would we need to head to the Splash Academy as soon as we get on the ship?

Thanks any help is appreciated.

You sign up at splash academy. They usually have set times when sign ups happen. When you get to your room it will be on the brochure you get for the schedule. I have never had it get "sold out". They separate the groups by their ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you

We were on the Star the first week of April 2015 and there were 1000 children of the Splash Academy ages. My DIL received a letter a week or two before we sailed letting them know that with that large number of children space would be limited. My grandson was in the youngest group (3-5) and they were not as limited, but the older groups were often cut off. My DS and DIL spent quite a bit of time standing in line 2 or 3 times a day to check him in. I believe you sign them up on the first day.

We were on the Star the first week of April 2015 and there were 1000 children of the Splash Academy ages. My DIL received a letter a week or two before we sailed letting them know that with that large number of children space would be limited. My grandson was in the youngest group (3-5) and they were not as limited, but the older groups were often cut off. My DS and DIL spent quite a bit of time standing in line 2 or 3 times a day to check him in. I believe you sign them up on the first day.

Thanks for the info. Will keep an eye out for letters.

We sailed the Breakaway Nov 6 - 13. There were 1200 kids on board. We signed the kids up the first day after the Muster Drill. Long lines for sign up, drop off and pick up every day, but I did not hear anything about a limit to the number of kids they allow. My kids usually love the "kids club". Not this cruise. We nicknamed it the kids prison. They did not want to go, because there were too many kids there. My kids are 6 & 8 and my niece was 3. The 3 year old did enjoy it. Maybe there were not as many in that age group.

We sailed the Breakaway Nov 6 - 13. There were 1200 kids on board. We signed the kids up the first day after the Muster Drill. Long lines for sign up, drop off and pick up every day, but I did not hear anything about a limit to the number of kids they allow. My kids usually love the "kids club". Not this cruise. We nicknamed it the kids prison. They did not want to go, because there were too many kids there. My kids are 6 & 8 and my niece was 3. The 3 year old did enjoy it. Maybe there were not as many in that age group.

I'm hoping end of January, there won't be an over abundance of kids. However with what one rep called "the naughty parent promotion" there could be hundreds of kids missing school to cruise.

Naughty parent promotion aka kids sail free/3rd & 5th passenger sail free. :D