Where is the Infinity?

Host Joe

I just checked in on the port cam for San Diego, where the Infinity is due in today, and it is not there! It is almost 8am there, so it should be there.

It does look a little foggy... wonder if that has delayed it from arriving.

Just read somewhere (don't know where I've looked at so many threads) that there was a medical emergency and it's been delayed. Apparently its boarding at 2pm. That happened on our last Hawaii cruise on the Statendam a few years ago and we had to turn back to Hawaii and were delayed a whole day getting back to LA - talk about confusion with airlines etc...... Turns out the person they evacuated made a 100% recovery and was back in LA to meet the ship and get their luggage off.

The Infinity's bridge cam stopped transmitting @ 1:08am today(11/6/05)

(look on archive section of bridge cam)Latest bridge cam picture on cruisecal.com is from 1:08am today-cannot get San Diego port cam to come up-anyone have any other info on what's happening to Infinity?

I'll bet not seeing the ship caused a lot of wonder, but there was a good reason. One man in his 50s had a bleeding problem. The night before the evacuation a plane came over and dropped blood for him (so the rumor goes). We had to turn up the California coast as far as Santa Barbara to get close enough for the helicopter to evacuate him. Our prayers followed him. We heard he was doing better that evening, and I hope it continued.

The cruise was great - I hope to go again some year. We thought the seas were very mild - just a little rocking to help you sleep better. The only rainy day we had was in Hilo, where we rented a car and went up to the volcano (where it was off-and-on raining too), but it didn't slow us down any. I really like the days at sea - four going and four coming home. Lots to do on the ship at any time. Several trivia contests each day, tho' they weren't always, or even usually, general knowledge. But we learn a lot each time we play. Good talks, entertainment was average or better, some good movies, tho' they didn't have enough to have different ones each day, and many played over again. We had a great group of ccers, and met after lifeboat drill to start getting acquainted (altho' some cheated and had dinner together the night before the cruise). Nancy

Archived