Playa Mia in December

firstsailor

I booked this through RCCL because it was actually cheaper than booking through Playa Mia. My concern is there are 7 ships in port that day (Dec 29 I think). We are scheduled for 9:00am which to me is early but leads me to believe we might have a better chance of getting a spot being that early, and then according to RCCL, it is 5 hours, so leaving around 2ish.

Does this sound crazy with that many ships in port? We spent a lot of money on excursions earlier in our trip so I was just looking for the cheapest "beach break" to get us off the ship for awhile. This was the cheapest one I could find. Not interested in AI.

Not sure what I am looking for specifically, just any input you might have.

Thanks!

7 ships is just about 1 above a normal day for Coz - I would not worry too much about crowds.

Playa Mia is a good option, especially if you have young kids (great kiddie water park) plus the standard water toys, etc.

You might price out doing your own beach trip to Paradise Beach ($3 admission, cab ride will be $17 each way for up to 4 sharing the cab, and they ask that you spend $10 each on food drinks). Great facilities, nice beach, HUGE pool.

Even cheaper, but with no beach, is The Money Bar - no admission fee, great facilities, good food/drinks/service, and good snorkeling from the shore. Cab ride will be about $10 each way. The lack of a sandy beach & pool keep the number of families/kids way down at this spot.