When Can I Book November 2018 Sailings?

Fruggers

Just off the Thanksgiving sailing from the Harmony of the Seas (last 2 cruises were Disney and I wanted to try something different), but I've scratched that itch and am coming back.

Does anyone know when bookings open for November 2018 sailings?

Thanks!

Typically 15 months or so in advance of the sailings....but at this point summer 2018 has not been released yet so I think you have a bit of a wait.

Hint--my TA gives me a day or two notice before the bookings open to platinum cruisers. They don't get much warning, but it is just another way to be sure I don't miss it.

Just off the Thanksgiving sailing from the Harmony of the Seas (last 2 cruises were Disney and I wanted to try something different), but I've scratched that itch and am coming back.

Does anyone know when bookings open for November 2018 sailings?

Thanks!

so how was the harmony?

we're also waiting for the second half of 2018..

our TA told us she'd contact us....she said it would be sometime in the spring..

actually, we're waiting for the summer 2018 magic cruises (either UK or med)

in the interim, we have a quickie 3 nighter on the dream in august 2017

Edited by alaska_planner

The Good: Ship was beautiful, lots of activities for our group of 10 (5 kids & 5 adults), shows (ice skating & water) were fantastic and are equal or better to what Disney offers, Internet was superfast (was able to stream Netflix after I turned in for the night).

The Bad: Kids clubs aren't even close to what Disney offers - check in/out process is done with paper and takes forever plus there aren't enough staff to run the clubs. Most unfriendly / indifferent cruise staff I've ever seen with the exception of our headwaiter & asst. Cabin steward, activities staff, kids staff, all other waiters & waitresses and guest services all seemed like they would rather be anywhere else then on the ship with us. Reservations needed for any and everything due to the crowds. Decided at dinner to see the main show tonight after dinner? Can't as you didn't make reservations 3 months prior. Want to try the steak house? Can't as you didn't make reservations 3 months prior. On a ship this size sailing at capacity, there is no ability to do anything spontaneous. Labadee was like a run down junkyard - chairs falling apart, water sports equipment old and very dirty.

This was our first Royal Caribbean cruise having sailed Disney twice and Celebrity once. I only wanted to do this cruise to see the ship and had no expectations. I'm glad I took this trip since I was trying to figure out why Disney costs so much more than other cruise lines - and now I know...really it's just a better experience overall especially if you have younger kids.

so how was the harmony?

We're also waiting for the second half of 2018.

our TA told us she'd contact us....she said it would be sometime in the spring..

actually, we're waiting for the summer 2018 magic cruises (either UK or med)

in the interim, we have a quickie 3 nighter on the dream in august 2017

The Good: Ship was beautiful, lots of activities for our group of 10 (5 kids & 5 adults), shows (ice skating & water) were fantastic and are equal or better to what Disney offers, Internet was superfast (was able to stream Netflix after I turned in for the night).

The Bad: Kids clubs aren't even close to what Disney offers - check in/out process is done with paper and takes forever plus there aren't enough staff to run the clubs. Most unfriendly / indifferent cruise staff I've ever seen with the exception of our headwaiter & asst. Cabin steward, activities staff, kids staff, all other waiters & waitresses and guest services all seemed like they would rather be anywhere else then on the ship with us. Reservations needed for any and everything due to the crowds. Decided at dinner to see the main show tonight after dinner? Can't as you didn't make reservations 3 months prior. Want to try the steak house? Can't as you didn't make reservations 3 months prior. On a ship this size sailing at capacity, there is no ability to do anything spontaneous. Labadee was like a run down junkyard - chairs falling apart, water sports equipment old and very dirty.

This was our first Royal Caribbean cruise having sailed Disney twice and Celebrity once. I only wanted to do this cruise to see the ship and had no expectations. I'm glad I took this trip since I was trying to figure out why Disney costs so much more than other cruise lines - and now I know...really it's just a better experience overall especially if you have younger kids.

thanks for the review - very interesting...

we were on the allure of the seas, so i understand what you're saying about the reservations....

but since the shows weren't the big draw for us, it didn't impact our enjoyment..

we're more stupid games people (trivia, finish the lyrics, quest, video scavenger hunt, if you know it dance it, etc etc), of which there is a lot on the allure....so it kept us happy...

and we enjoyed the ship itself...

(we were on the eastern, so labadee wasn't one of our ports)..

as for crew? from what i remember of our allure cruise (several years ago), all of the crew was very friendly and provided outstanding service..

our more recent royal cruise was on the radiance of the seas in alaska..

a much smaller ship, but we enjoyed it very much, mostly because the crew was so outstanding..

although it's interesting...

DD was just on the disney magic this past september (med cruise)..

one of the crew she spoke with used to work for royal, but now works for DCL..

he said in general, disney is the better cruise line to work for and from his experience, the crew on disney ships are happier than on the royal ships..

but of course, you have to take that with a grain of salt - since after all, he now works for dcl...

Edited by alaska_planner

We were on the Harmony over Thanksgiving as well. Totally agree about Labadee. It didn't even come close to Castaway Cay. The crew seemed very rushed and many just didn't seem friendly at all.

While we had fun and it was a nice ship, we missed Disney.

We tried Royal, as DCL is getting more expensive, but I guess it's the "you get what you pay for" thing!

We

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by M313M