Carnival Victory Dec 2nd

weluvlife

I got my 2 hour delay email last night. I leave Friday. I plan on getting to the terminal whenever the shuttle gets me there and get in line then. I figure they'll get to me when they get to me but I'll be there. I'm glad I knew I may be getting one so I didn't get freaked out. I'm just ready to get on a plane to get on a boat to sail away for a few days. I have no other agenda other than to relax. Can't wait, even if there is a delay! :):D

I got my 2 hour delay email last night. I leave Friday. I plan on getting to the terminal whenever the shuttle gets me there and get in line then. I figure they'll get to me when they get to me but I'll be there. I'm glad I knew I may be getting one so I didn't get freaked out. I'm just ready to get on a plane to get on a boat to sail away for a few days. I have no other agenda other than to relax. Can't wait, even if there is a delay! :):D

If you want to get there and just wait you can certainly do that. I was on a flight that arrived at 8:30 or so. After taking my time through the Carnival check-in at the airport and Carnival transfers, I still got to the port a few minutes before 10:30. That was going to be 2.5 hours until we boarded (and 3.0 hours until the 1:30 boarding time they said).

If you are fairly mobile, you can walk back across the bridge to downtown Miami and do some shopping at the Bayside shops (or window shop). There is also a Chili's and Hofbraus House with bars that overlook the marina. It took me a leisurely 20 minutes to make the walk and the exercise was nice after a long flight and before I hit the buffet on board.

Neither way is "right:, just sharing an alternative. Happy cruising!

You are leaving on my birthday. Enjoy the cruise for me.

Just so you know: the reason for the delay (which has been ongoing in 2016) is because Carnival is refurbishing cabins and seems to need the time to load supplies and workers. Hopefully you won't have a cabin near the refurbishments. We were on the Victory Nov 11-14 and unfortunately were situated one deck below the construction - it was very noisy. They even worked during the night. We did complain but they continued with the work anyway. They were working on deck 7 during our cruise. We had refurbished cabins on deck 6 - they were quite nice.

I have never boarded out of Miami before so thanks for the info. I'm only taking a carry on and another bag so I should be fairly mobile.

And I'll have a birthday drink in your honor!~ :)

I left my airplane carry on with the porters and only kept my backpack. Very honored you would have birthday drink in my honor - maybe I will have a drink to celebrate your birthday later that evening!