Sensation: Dry Dock Details Listed & First Time Cruise

I_AM_GROOT

I'm new here, but been browsing for about a month now and decided to join. I'll be sailing on Carnival Sensation for the first time in May 2017 and just so happened to come across the fact sheet on Carnival's website and saw that they have more details about what they are going to do to the ship. https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1531/kw/Sensation (Click the link under the dry dock schedule on that page)

I've been kind of worried that I picked the wrong ship for my first cruise, but after talking with my co-workers and seeing this update I'm excited to see what they did/go!

Edited by I_AM_GROOT

I think you will have a wonderful time on this ship, as your first cruise. The upgrades when in dry dock will certainly enhance your experience. So go, and enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can't wait! Going with group of 6 to Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk during Memorial Day week.

Thanks for the link. My favorite upgrades are the Blue Iguana Cantina - great for breakfast - and the Alchemy Bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No Problem! :D

I'm new here, but been browsing for about a month now and decided to join. I'll be sailing on Carnival Sensation for the first time in May 2017 and just so happened to come across the fact sheet on Carnival's website and saw that they have more details about what they are going to do to the ship. https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1531/kw/Sensation (Click the link under the dry dock schedule on that page)

I've been kind of worried that I picked the wrong ship for my first cruise, but after talking with my co-workers and seeing this update I'm excited to see what they did/go!

I guess you have nothing to worry but only to enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So the Sensation is going into dry dock in February? We are looking at a late March sailing. I hope it will be done on time! The upgrades look great.

At least from the Dry Dock Schedule right now yes. They do have 2 weeks to complete and I would hope that they would be done before you go. You'll have to tell us how it is when you go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The Sensation was our first cruise back in March 2016 and we loved it. We're planning to go again on her in March 2018 and are even more excited about the upcoming updates, especially the Blue Iguana, Alchemy Bar, and Guy's Burgers. The Sensation is just right; not too big, not too little. I think you'll be surprised.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi! We just completed our first cruise ever, and it was the Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk itinerary on the Sensation. My family consists of two semi-active adults and an 11 year old son. We LOVED the Sensation! Any longer/more "at sea" days and I think the ship would have grown smallish, but the food everywhere was amazing, we never had a problem with crowds, and the staff was beyond compare. Blue Iguana and Guy's were wonderful. The ports of call - paradise. Have a great vacation!