Vista - cove or balcony ?

dimama

Planning for southern Caribbean in December and torn between a cove or balcony. My husband prefers the cove as he likes being close to the water. But I have also been considering a standard balcony on deck 7 or 8 to have a more sweeping view of the ocean and ports. Can you see straight down into the water from the balconies on the Vista? Or do you look down onto the deck below? Which is your favorite and why? Thanks!

If it's a good location (such as not under the galley) I would take a Cove. I think I would really enjoy being that close to the water and I haven't tried one yet. From what I see on the deck plans, you will not be looking down into the water on the regular balconies because of Deck 5 which wraps around. Some areas jut out even further like where the restaurants are.

I really like the cove balconies, a lot. Your balcony is very private, you are closer to the water and can enjoy the splash, wake, flying fish, other fish. That said, I have booked high balconies for "Spa Room" amenities. Other than that, I'd take the cove.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
We just got off the Vista, and had a balcony on deck 9. We loved how it was only a few flights of stairs up or down to all the stuff we wanted to do. The elevators were quite lacking on the Vista, and we took the stairs everywhere.

agreed, elevators were not adequate for 4000 passengers.

I was having lunch on deck 5 of the Vista. While eating I just happened to look up and saw a guy in his robe sitting on his balcony totally oblivious to those of us below, but his dangly bits were out. There was a lady out on deck 7 reading and we locked eyes so I looked away. I had an Oceanview on deck 1 and had no issues getting where I needed today be. It was actually a blessing on port days when the gangway is in deck 0. Everyone had to line up like cattle in the small holding area and ran up 1 flight and was in my cabin before the elevator even came. Going back on Vista in August snagged a cove can't wait.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

I've never had a cove balcony, but our friends brother had one and they complained about the furniture getting wet from the sea spray during rough seas. It kind of turned me off to wanting one, but I don't know how often that would occur. :confused:

Absolutely loved my experience on a Cove Balcony. SO much so I booked one for the Vista.

Completely private (compared to normal balcony) and close to the water. I loved sitting at night or in the morning listening to the roar of the water. I definitely do not recommend one if you don't like being close to, or listening to the water. But for me, that's the best part.