Is Faster To The Fun (FTTF) worth it?

BeverlyS

This will be our second cruise with FTTF. The main perk for us is being able to go straight to our room and drop off our luggage. We always carry on and this time we will have our 3 kids with us so not having to drag luggage around until the room is ready is well worth it.

The FTTF check-in line was supper short and fast for our last cruise and we were on board right behind the Diamond/Platinum/Wedding Parties. Since it was our first cruise with FTTF we were unsure what to do when on board and we asked one of the employees about getting to our room and he told us it wasn't ready. We explained that we had FTTF and he looked confused and repeated that it wasn't ready. We found someone else to ask and they showed us straight to our room.

I would have been a bit sad this time around had FTTF not been available.

Yes faster to the fun is absolutely worth it, especially when it comes to embarkation and guest services. Love rolling in early, skipping the huge lines and dropping off my bags in my room that is ready and I do not have to wait for. I do not sail without it if it is available.

Edited by JJCruisn

I depends. My last cruise I wil say no but the experience, like most things Carnival, heavily depends on the ship and the management onboard while you sail.

The priority line on the Sensation was a joke, I actually got out and went in the regular line for faster service on a few occasions as did others.

Disembarking was a pathetic joke as well. They let off about a quarter of the ship before they noticed the Diamond/ Plat and FTTF lounges were still sitting waiting to be called.

Its good for tender ports if you want to be up early and off the first tender.

Its good for getting on early and having your room ready though if you show up at 1:30 you will go right on and to your room as well.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

I don't think of it as Faster to the Fun. For me it's all about my own timing and convenience.

I don't want to stand in line. I don't want to sit in a waiting room with others waiting to board, whether at 10:00 am or at noon.

I drive to port and get there between 11 and 11:30, depending on how long we choose to linger at breakfast. When I arrive at the terminal boarding has started. We are ushered to the front of each line and on board witin 15 minutes with no waiting.

Straight to our cabin to drop off carry-on bags.

Also straight to Guest Services when it suits me, not when the line happens to be short. I LOVE this particular benefit.

Worth it is in the eye of the beholder. Some people find Cheers "worth it." Same with spa cabins, suites, etc. If you know your own priorities you already know where and when spending your money is "worth it."

FTTF is worth it if you need the priority services.

For us, almost the sole reason we get it is the priority debarkatuon. If we can get off the ship in the early morning, we can drive home that day. But it's a tight schedule for us, and a few hour delay means we are driving far later than we are comfortable with, so we then have to stop at a hotel. It's a simple matter of FTTF being cheaper than another night at a hotel for us.

A girlfriend of mine swears by it, primarily because she cruises with kids and it's nice not to have to juggle the extra carry-ons. For me, it's definitely nice to have, but I'm usually too cheap to worry about it. Also, we are usually sailing out of Galveston, with staggered check in, so that's run pretty smooth in my experience. If you travel with a big group (as we recently did) having at least one cabin with FTTF can be handy if they are willing to let others in the group drop things off in their cabin while the others are being made ready. I'd recommend buying a drink to thank them :)

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

We love FTTF and get it on each cruise. We love being able to go to the room and ditch the bags before grabbing lunch. Again, to each their own. It's our one BIG vacation for the year, so we splurge on it, along with drinks, steakhouse, excursions. No budget on our cruises.:D:D

200 days to go!!!!:D

It's worth it to us but for this next cruise, the day we finally decided to book, FTTF was already sold out. So guess we'll see how bad it is without it. I keep checking to see if someone has cancelled and a spot has opened up but hey, who would do that. We just love being able to go right to our room and drop off the carry ons. Then we are free to get some lunch unhampered. Oh well, next time we need to book earlier.