aft wrap question (Conquest)

EBchickens74

I cant seem to find an answer in threads already posted, so I am wondering if the balcony lights (outside) are manual or automatically come/stay on? (Conquest 8448 specifically) Also if anyone could confirm this cabin has a fridge? :D

Thanks for the help in advance.

I cant seem to find an answer in threads already posted, so I am wondering if the balcony lights (outside) are manual or automatically come/stay on? (Conquest 8448 specifically) Also if anyone could confirm this cabin has a fridge? :D

Don't know the answer, but our cabin in 10 days!

ALL cabins on the conquest have mini fridges-- glorified coolers because they do not keep your stuff very cold

as for the lights-- its a naviagtional issue. sometimes they will go on other times not.

but for your neighbors sake-- if they are on please turn them off when not out there.

Something about sitting out there at night-- curtains closed to the cabin-- its like another demension

Hi, we were in Cabin 8450 on Conquest about 5 weeks ago -- it's an aft-extended, not a wrap -- and I can confirm that our balcony lights DID come on when we flipped the switch. I was a little surprised because the outside lights are usually overridden from the bridge and stay off, for navigational reasons. I can only assume that the aft-facing balcony lights are not a navigational issue.

Your particular aft-wrap is a bit bigger than the wraps on Deck 7 and your balcony door faces fully aft, so you should also have control of your balcony light. The wraps on Deck 6 are the same "bonus size" as yours. :)

Only the very forward cabins on the sides do not have lights to allow for the navigational bridge and there are switches that allow you to turn them on and off on all the others.

All cabins on Conquest Class ships have mini fridges and you will find that leaving the cabinet door open to allow air circulation will result in keeping things inside of it cooler. I tested this theory out myself and found it to be true.

We've had two aft wraps in the past three years on the Liberty and the Conquest. The balcony lights were not automatic. They only came on when we flipped the switch for them. It would be annoying to have them on all the time at night.

On our third aft wrap in a few weeks. I am sure it will be the same.

ALL cabins on the conquest have mini fridges-- glorified coolers because they do not keep your stuff very cold

as for the lights-- its a navigational issue. sometimes they will go on other times not.

but for your neighbors sake-- if they are on please turn them off when not out there.

Something about sitting out there at night-- curtains closed to the cabin-- its like another dimension

of course---I LOVE darkness & rarely use lights in my own home unless trying to read something on paper.

I adore darkness & was concerned about the lights being on at night---so now I have no worries. I will definitely keep the cabinet door open to help the air circulate & help cool the "fridge".

:D:):D (too long to go, but super excited about first balcony/aft wrap balcony)

• 4 weeks later...

We were able to control the lights on the Liberty in that same room. Here is a video I made of the balcony/etc. The views are incredible. We have the opposite side cabin booked on Conquest for 2018, and my in-laws have the next cabin forward. We will have one huge balcony!

Back from 8448. The balcony is huge and we enjoyed. The room shape is different and we loved all the light from the windows. But the carpet was stained, you could see light thru the curtins. Windows were so dirty had trouble seeing out. Dust in room entire cruise. Balcony very rusty and garbage along the bottom. A lot of chair scrapping at all times. Stewart talked DH to once a day and did minimum then. But we had a great time but the ship realy does show it's age, do not know why anyone would love this ship. Christmas decorations and shows were very pretty.

I adore darkness & was concerned about the lights being on at night---so now I have no worries. I will definitely keep the cabinet door open to help the air circulate & help cool the "fridge".

:D:):D (too long to go, but super excited about first balcony/aft wrap balcony)

Unfortunately you neighbors may not be so considerate. I too love it dark on the balcony so I can stargaze but a neighbor can ruin that experience. Hopefully not for you.

Back from 8448. The balcony is huge and we enjoyed. The room shape is different and we loved all the light from the windows. But the carpet was stained, you could see light thru the curtins. Windows were so dirty had trouble seeing out. Dust in room entire cruise. Balcony very rusty and garbage along the bottom. A lot of chair scrapping at all times. Stewart talked DH to once a day and did minimum then. But we had a great time but the ship realy does show it's age, do not know why anyone would love this ship. Christmas decorations and shows were very pretty.

Thanks for the response!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums