Tickets for Machu Picchu

xcal185

Just a heads up for those going to MP. The gov't website has opened up for purchasing tickets for 2017. I purchased mine today as well as train tickets.

They have gone up a bit from last years prices. The gov't website was quite easy to book with... a lot easier than I thought it would be. I had read that it was a real pain to book yourself, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Brian

Just a heads up for those going to MP. The gov't website has opened up for purchasing tickets for 2017. I purchased mine today as well as train tickets.

They have gone up a bit from last years prices. The gov't website was quite easy to book with... a lot easier than I thought it would be. I had read that it was a real pain to book yourself, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Brian

Thanks for your input. Did you pay for Machu Picchu and train reservations with your VISA card? Did you use separate account and password to use your credit card? Was there any problems?

We'll appreciate your advise as we'll go to Machu Picchu pre cruise next year.

Olga

I purchased tickets to MP and Peru Rail tickets separately. Via 2 different web sites. I do not think it possible to buy MP tickets and Rail tickets simultaneoulsy (unless you hire / engage a travel firm). I used my Chase Visa Card to makes my purchases. No problems but the MP site is a bit complicated. No passwords needed. Just visit each site, specify dates and enter your credit card number and 3 digit security code.

Buy you Peru Rail tickets here http://www.perurail.com/

Buy your MP Tickets here http://www.machupicchu.gob.pe/

IMHO read this before you start to purchase your MP tickets http://www.thriftynomads.com/how-to-buy-machu-picchu-tickets-online/

Note that the rail line between Cuzco (Poroy Station) and Ollantaytambo is closed between Jan 2017 and Apr 2017 for road work. The line between Ollantayabmo and MP is open.

Edited by tcdcruiser

Thanks for your input. Did you pay for Machu Picchu and train reservations with your VISA card? Did you use separate account and password to use your credit card? Was there any problems?

We'll appreciate your advise as we'll go to Machu Picchu pre cruise next year.

Olga

tcdcruiser is right on. I should have been more specific... gov't website for Machu Picchu and Peru Rail for train. I also used visa for booking. I just needed 3digit security code and verified by visa. Hopefully you will not have any problems. The website he provided should walk you through process of booking quite painlessly! Good Luck

Brian