Option of B2B

nanaj1

I've done several B2B cruises, all booked in advance. But I've been cruising exclusively on Carnival (39 times) since 2001 and I've never received or heard of anyone getting an offer like that.

I suppose if a ship, like recently the Liberty, suddenly knew that they were going to be sailing only partially full due to mechanical issues and many people cancelling, they might make that offer to the current guests to try to fill the next sailing.

We had this option on the Inspiration out of NOLA in 2001.

During our cruise the 9/11 attacks occurred in New York/Washington. With all the unknowns and the lack of transportation (airlines shut down), Carnival was discounting a second week on the ship.

If I recall correctly we could stay in our cabin (an OS, now an 11) for $300 dollars, approximately 1/4th the normal price.

I remember once being on a cruise, and the passengers were given an option to get the next cruise at a very reduced price. Has this happened to anyone lately?

Not anymore. The majority of cruises are sold out. Our hurricane season b2b this year was sold out nearly a month before sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On our 11/16 cruise on the Miracle to Mexico, it was going to Hawaii next.

On the second to the last night (Thanksgiving) our dining room waiter told us that the price for the next cruise was super low, a really great deal and the ship was not close to being sold out, a few people at his tables actually left the dining room to go to guest services to book it and he kept their dinner warm for them until they returned.

Wish we could have taken advantage of that.