Help me choose...Carnival Vista or NCL Escape?

kvickers

Trying to decide between the Vista and the Escape for the family in March. I have only sailed Princess and Disney (and really enjoyed both). The Escape is doing the Eastern while the Vista is doing the Western. As I. It yet sailed either line, would appreciate some feedback on the better choice. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Escape feels REALLY crowded... especially the pool area... if you pay the $99 bucks for the adult Vibe area, it is roomy and less people... but therein lies the problem with NCL in my opinion... Nickle and dime for literally EVERYTHING. The daily dining on CCL (non fee) is much better. I have not been in the Vista (and I know they have the separate Havana area which is for specific guests during the day so they may equal things out?) but the general free dining on other CCL ships is great. I just felt the Escape to be soooo crowded and if you are not part of the Haven or Vibe paying guests, I felt kinda like "steerage" 2nd class was packed. Part would also depend on the price difference, is it the same or close?

The Escape will be a 7-day cruise, and if doing Western on the Vista I believe that's a 6-day cruise. Any chance you will be booking a suite? The suite benefits on NCL are much better than Carnival, but you pay for that privilege. From what I have read, as long as you are in the Haven, and if you get all the promos that they seem to always offer, the Escape may be a better choice.

Since you stated "Family" I am assuming kids, and if so Vibe passes won't do you much good, but Vibe is hard to get, must be in first boarding group (Sometimes those in the second boarding group have been successful) in order to get.

Because of al the drink/dining promos offered, specialty restaurants may be difficult to get into. I would read the reviews of the Escape on the NCL board, read a lot, and see if for you.

Not as many reviews of the Vista, especially Caribbean, but they are trickling in. I plan on writing a detailed one in about 3-weeks, when I finish my cruise on the Vista.

I may come down to Pepsi or Coke. Carnival serves Coke products, NCL Pepsi (And NCL does not allow you to bring any of your own soda/water on board).

I would try the Vista. I have been on NCL, and was very disappointed, especially with the food and beverage department (But that was not the Escape, so it may be different). I also wouldn't think that the Vista would be a dirty ship. That may have been a time situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love NCL's new ships. BUT I've booked the Vista for June. Try them both! Doesn't matter which one you try first. NCL had excellent food choices and I like their all inclusive bookings that include Specialty dining, beverages, wifi and OBC's. I will say that the NCL bathrooms and cabins appeal to me more than CCL. Now with all that- I am excited to try CCL's newest ship!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Escape & there is lots to do for a family. We had a balcony & I couldn't believe how big the Bathroom was. In the past, I read that there was little storage but there were nooks & crannies everywhere. Even large drawers under the couch. There is so much to do & see that it can't be done in 1 week.

Carnival all the way! I am not sure how much variability NCL has with its food on different ships but the food on the ships I have been on was worse in every venue than any Carnival meal I have had since 2011 (prior to that Carnival was highly variable). I am so excited about the Vista and can't wait to sail on her next year.

I have never been on a dirty Carnival ship. I have been on 22 cruise with them . I have also cruised Royal Caribbean and never have seen a dirty ship. So when you see things like this don't even believe it.

Ditto! All I have ever seen on Carnival is workers cleaning all the time.

Run, don't walk, Run away from NCL. Food is nearly inedible unless you eat in their pay restaurants. I will NEVER sail NCL again. YUCK!:eek:

I was just on Vista and thought the same thing about the Lido buffet, not that Escape was much better but at least you didn't have to wait 30 minutes to get it. The Escape had a wide selection of pay restaurants that wee all very good. I only did the steak house on a vista and it was very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have not been on the Vista yet, but did try the NCL Escape a couple of months ago and LOVED it! So much that we booked it again for May 2017. We never felt crowded at all on the Escape, this ship is HUGE! The dining, entertainment and drink program were huge sellers for us and did not disappoint at all;)