Koninsdam Q&A

jenp123

What are the specifics about this type of dining? Can I go to the dining room when I board and make reservations for the week, or do we just show up each evening and wait in line? There are just two of us and we have never sailed HAL before.

Thanks!

Would be glad about some main dining menu and "special features" separating HAL from others, such as Tea time (maybe with photos of High Dance Tea), Service in main dining room ld of there's some peiti fours during dinner.

Also I'd be glad about some food pics of Explorations Cafe. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What are the specifics about this type of dining? Can I go to the dining room when I board and make reservations for the week, or do we just show up each evening and wait in line? There are just two of us and we have never sailed HAL before.

Thanks!

On most ships you can make reservations for 3 days at a time. On the Maasdam we had an assistant maitre d' who automatically extended it every 3 days. (He would ask first if we wanted that.)

If you don't have a reservation for a given night, I suggest that you don't show up on the quarter-hour; show up 7 after the hour, or 22 after, or 37 after etc ... because it seems to me that most people tend to arrive just before the quarter hours.

Edited by catl331

• 2 weeks later...
You actually can't run a speedtest. Those websites are blocked (in my experience with trying).

On the Oosterdam Dec 16 to 23 we had speeds similar to what we had on the Koningsdam.

Test results were:

6:00 am Sat: 330 ms latency, 1.75 Mbs download, 0.44 Mbps upload

7:30 pm Sat: 340 ms latency, 2.23 Mbps download, 0.74 Mbps upload

2:30 pm Sun: 308 ms latency, 2.81 Mbps download, 0.31 Mbps upload

8:00 am Thu: 376 ms latency, 2.78 Mbps download, 1.34 Mbps upload

All of these were while at sea.

Edited by jtl513