UBP - epic

jalamhols

Hi. I have been thinking about booking the UBP for myself and the soda package for my mum and daughter (17).

Whenever i try to book it comes up with 2 UBP and 1 soda. my mum doesn't drink so no chance I am paying nearly £500 for her to drink soda for a week.

Can anyone help with this - do i need to call NCL directly x

Also - we are staying in Orlando for 10 days prior to our New Years Cruise. Can we book the NCL shuttle from the airport even though we aren't flying in that day?

Sounds like you and Mum are in the same room. If so, I believe every adult in the cabin must have the UBP (they don't want you slipping Mum a few drinks).

As for the shuttle, you can save big bucks finding another transportation. Do some checking at the Florida Ports board and you can find plenty of options.

FYI, we loved the Epic, hope you do too!

I had a similar concern for our June 2016 BA booking. My Cousin who cannot drink with the medications she takes was joining us in our cabin but I did not want the UBP for her. The PCC suggested a physicians note but said no guarantee it would be accepted. As my cousin fell ill again and had to cancel, I don't know if it would have been accepted or if this is a valid option for your mom

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi. I have been thinking about booking the UBP for myself and the soda package for my mum and daughter (17).

Whenever i try to book it comes up with 2 UBP and 1 soda. my mum doesn't drink so no chance I am paying nearly £500 for her to drink soda for a week.

Also - we are staying in Orlando for 10 days prior to our New Years Cruise. Can we book the NCL shuttle from the airport even though we aren't flying in that day?

Are you buying the UBP or is it a Free at Sea Perk?

If it is a perk, put you and your daughter as the first 2 passengers, you will get the UBP and you DD will get the soda pkg. Your mom as the 3rd person in the room will not get the perk and you can just purchase the soda package for her.

If you don't have it as a perk, all adults in the same cabin will have to buy it.

Lois

It won't help, I'm afraid. As the others have said, those are the rules if you purchase the UBP, and they have always been very strict about it, at least as far as advance purchase is concerned. So it doesn't matter if you do it online or call, they will make all adults in the cabin purchase the UBP.

Your best chance is to wait and purchase it onboard. Locate one of the tables where they're selling it, go there by yourself, and let them believe you're traveling solo (don't ask, don't tell). People have very occasionally reported being able to purchase a single UBP that way.

Have your mother and daughter go to a different table to purchase their soda packages.

I'm going to guess that, as a UK resident, you don't want to rent (hire) a car. I don't blame you. We here in the states tend to drive on the wrong side of the road! ;)

I suggest that you search online for "Port Canaveral shuttle" before you commit to the NCL shuttle. Less-expensive options to get you from Orlando to the port are available.