3rd adult in a Neptune suite

ChristyS

My husband would like to take his 82 year old brother with us to Alaska. BIL is fairly active so I'm not worried about excursions. I'm curious about the sofa bed. Is it comfortable ? We are in a NS so I'm sure there is enough room. I'm happy to have him join us because you never know. How many years he will be with us. Any thoughts or experience with 3 adults in NS?

My husband would like to take his 82 year old brother with us to Alaska. BIL is fairly active so I'm not worried about excursions. I'm curious about the sofa bed. Is it comfortable ? We are in a NS so I'm sure there is enough room. I'm happy to have him join us because you never know. How many years he will be with us. Any thoughts or experience with 3 adults in NS?

A friend found the sofa bed to be comfortable when she used it in our Neptune Suite. Trust me, if it wasn't comfortable, there would have been Many. Loud. Complaints. And there were none, so it had to be just fine :)

I'm sure you can make it work. You're doing something really thoughtful, really kind. Of course you can make it work :)

In the rooms for 3 the sofa bed doesn't come out as a sleeper sofa, it converts by pulling up a section of the sofa and the section rotates from sofa to bed .

So you are sleeping on top of the sofa , on a mattress.

The rooms for 4 have the normal pull out sleeper.

My sis has been on both and said the first one was much more comfortable..plus it takes up zero extra floor space.

Whenever my sister travels with my elderly parents the three of them always get a Neptune suite. My sister has always been on the sofa bed which folds out like a typical sofa bed in a home. She has found it to be more than adequate. On two of the ships in the Neptune suite the sofa bed was too hard for her to physically pull out and put back so she did have to have the room steward do it. Both she and the room steward felt that it was broken, but that did not impact her comfort. It just meant that it was physically too hard for her to actually pull out and put back. When the sofa bed is pulled out it does take up part of the Neptune suite so she would've enjoyed it more had she been able to put it away in the morning as soon as she got up rather than waiting for the room steward to make the room up. The three of them have shared a Neptune suite on at least four Holland America ships and each time the sofa bed was like a typical sofa bed that you find in a residential home. Feel free to tell your brother-in-law that he can shower in the spa if that's easier. (Or any of you can!) My sister let my parents use the bathroom and she would just shower in the spa. Have fun on your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums