Kimpton Seafire Resort on Seven Mile Beach

CocoCandy

Has anyone visited this new hotel or purchased a day pass?

It looks lovely, but am hoping someone here has been and can report their experience.

It is located in between Calico Jack's and Tiki Beach.

Looking forward to hearing how it is!

There is really no need for "day passes" on GC....all the beaches are public, and have chair/umbrella rentals...and that area also has restrooms, and watersport rentals....

Just hop on the bus...tell the driver where you want to get off...and it will be done!

DH and I went for lunch there in November. It's very nice. Gorgeous pool and beach area, fairly posh and upscale. I don't know if they offer day passes, though.

Thank you for your post. I would love to see how the hotel and grounds look. I lived on the island when the Marriott Courtyard was still there in that spot.

It may be an excuse to come visit my old stomping grounds of Grand Cayman for the weekend just to stay there if they don't offer day passes for cruisers.

Edited by CocoCandy

There is really no need for "day passes" on GC....all the beaches are public, and have chair/umbrella rentals...and that area also has restrooms, and watersport rentals....

Just hop on the bus...tell the driver where you want to get off...and it will be done!

Yes, thank you. I lived in GC for almost 2 years and loved how the beaches are public.

I am interested in the hotel and grounds and getting to experience it for a day.

Thank you for your post. I would love to see how the hotel and grounds look. I lived on the island when the Marriott Courtyard was still there in that spot.

It may be an excuse to come visit my old stomping grounds of Grand Cayman for the weekend just to stay there if they don't offer day passes for cruisers.

Now, I haven't tried, but their beach bar we ate at is the old Surfside building (right next to Tiki Beach). You could try asking if you were able to use at least the beach facilities by virtue of having a meal there. If you've lived there you at least won't be surprised by the menu prices. :-)

It wasn't crowded when we were there, and that was about 2pm on a Thursday (American thanksgiving). We wandered through, looked at the pool and grounds, ate, etc but didn't try using the pool or beach (and they did have security guards posted). We loved what we think are their beach bungalow rooms, they're in a small building between the pool and beach. It's definitely high end, but in an 'all the staff look like camp counsellors" kind of way. Very different vibe than the other five-stars along SMB. Lots of staff helping guests and keeping things pristine, and even what seemed to be private or semi-private kids club activities maybe.

Now, I haven't tried, but their beach bar we ate at is the old Surfside building (right next to Tiki Beach). You could try asking if you were able to use at least the beach facilities by virtue of having a meal there. If you've lived there you at least won't be surprised by the menu prices. :-)

It wasn't crowded when we were there, and that was about 2pm on a Thursday (American thanksgiving). We wandered through, looked at the pool and grounds, ate, etc but didn't try using the pool or beach (and they did have security guards posted). We loved what we think are their beach bungalow rooms, they're in a small building between the pool and beach. It's definitely high end, but in an 'all the staff look like camp counsellors" kind of way. Very different vibe than the other five-stars along SMB. Lots of staff helping guests and keeping things pristine, and even what seemed to be private or semi-private kids club activities maybe.

That is a great idea about grabbing lunch and a cocktail at the hotel, thank you. I do love to walk through a lovely hotel and think that is what I may do when I visit on my cruise so I won't get scolded by security.

I definitely remember Cayman prices, lol. One of the few things I don't miss about living there. Everything else I do miss :)

How wonderful you are living there, please enjoy!

How wonderful you are living there, please enjoy!

<grin>. I wish. We have a vacation home out at Rum Point, and visit a lot, but we don't live there (yet). It is the retirement plan, though...someday...

I recently saw a short promo video on the Caribbean Journal website http://www.caribjournal.com

for this resort.

It looks very beautiful. Pool area looks super nice and hotel lobby looks classy.

I wonder also, Can you use the beach and bar there for the day?

The bar and restaurants are open to the public, so you can certainly stop in. There are no day passes available though and pool use/beach chair use are for hotel guests only. It's a gorgeous hotel!

• 2 weeks later...
The bar and restaurants are open to the public, so you can certainly stop in. There are no day passes available though and pool use/beach chair use are for hotel guests only. It's a gorgeous hotel!

You are correct about chairs being available for hotel guests only. We found out the hard way. We had lunch at the beach bar and tried sneaking in and sitting on the chairs when we were approached by a very gentle giant kindly informing us that we could not sit there. We went a little more north to Tiki Beach and set up camp there.

I recently saw a short promo video on the Caribbean Journal website http://www.caribjournal.com

for this resort.

It looks very beautiful. Pool area looks super nice and hotel lobby looks classy.

I wonder also, Can you use the beach and bar there for the day?

Video can be found here: http://www.caribjournal.com/2016/12/06/kimpton-seafire-resort-spa/#

Interested in hearing from anyone who has recently stopped by and used the facilities....

Edited by Froufie

Interested in hearing from anyone who has recently stopped by and used the facilities....

More recently than the end of November? (see my post earlier in the thread)

I don't know if you'll find too many who have been there at all, since they don't do day passes and as noted above, even eating there doesn't let you use the facilities.

More recently than the end of November? (see my post earlier in the thread)

I don't know if you'll find too many who have been there at all, since they don't do day passes and as noted above, even eating there doesn't let you use the facilities.

I have actually written to them to inquire - will see if and how they respond! :)

For those of you looking for a "day pass", it's very unlikely they will do this, BUT you might consider booking a room for the day. This way you could have a room to change, keep your things and use the facilities, but if they are booked up, obviously this will not work. It might be worth the price to actually stay there for the day.

For those of you looking for a "day pass", it's very unlikely they will do this, BUT you might consider booking a room for the day. This way you could have a room to change, keep your things and use the facilities, but if they are booked up, obviously this will not work. It might be worth the price to actually stay there for the day.

Have you looked at Kimpton's rates?