Silhouette Lawn Club Alcoves

funship freddy

Last year they were $150 per day on sea days & $100 on port days. Capacity is 4 but only 1 lounge type chair (2can sit on it but not recline) and 2 other chairs with ottomans.

You get a couple of bottles of water & a fruit/cheese plate. There is a waiter that will bring you drinks (not included) but since it is so close to the Sunset bar we just got our own drinks.

For us not worth it, but if you are the type that spends a full day in the sun then it is quieter than the pool.

We are on Silhouette now. FYI, today was a sea day, and i stopped by the lawn club at 9:30am and 1:30pm just to see how many of them were occupied. It looked like at least 7 (of 8) were taken. It definitely was a quieter environment. We went up to Solstice deck instead, and it was quiet up there too.

Freddy, unlike others I find a great deal of value in renting an Alcove. You can find current pricing for your sailing by checking under the dining option, think specialty restaurant reservations. As others have said, most times they are $150 for sea days and $99 for port. I am going to bet that your January sailing will already be booked full for sea days as they are very popular. Again seating is for four but our teen daughters spent the majority of their time in front of the Alcove on a towel in the sun so you could have six with four inside comfortably.

We are on the Reflection 2/25 sailing and all Alcoves were completely booked weeks ago. It's a good value for us....we don't gamble, little interest in shopping onboard and just want to have a place to relax on deck that is quieter than the pool areas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by watchdiva

Just off the Reflection and they were mostly empty the whole week ! I also believe you could spend your dollar on something better !

To the casual observer it will appear they are empty but if you check most warm climate sailings (especially in the winter) sea days will be booked solid months prior to the cruise. People who rent them, like me, come and go throughout the day. Some rent them for an entire week and may skip a day but it's still occupied regardless.

As for money being spent elsewhere, it's kind of like booking a cruise. I have family members who feel it is a waste of money. Regardless, I am not sure that speaks to the question presented about current experience with them.