NCL Dawn Insider Tips

MariaG

After having breakfast (or any meal) in the Garden Café on Deck 12, I often want to take a cup of coffee back to my cabin -- but don't want to take it in one of their standard plastic cups. The Gaden Café has the Starbucks-type single-use cups (with lids), but they usually don't put them out by the coffee machines. So, if you want to export coffee from Garden Café, ask a server to provide you with a "paper cup." He/she may hesitate, or deny they have them -- but be persistent. The cardboard cups are stored underneath the coffee counter. Also, if you want hot chocolate and don't see the packets in the coffee-&-tea area -- it's available for the asking.

I didn't read the entire thread, so I don't know if this was mentioned...but it's worth repeating!

The New York style deli is located in the Garden Cafe, port side, aft (toward the rear). They have great bread, sandwiches and, my favorite, pastrami. Yum! :D

Editted/added: This is for lunch, only.

on my previous cruises on the dawn they had a 2 for 1 nite on liquor in the spinnerkars lounge between like midnite and 1:00am. it may have been every night. I asked the bartender on my first cruise on the dawn if i could buy 12 beers and get twelve free. low and behold he said i could and i ended up bringing a case of beer back to my stateroom!!! I did this all three times on the dawn and it saved me a ton of money!!!

Archived