Seating Process in the Main Theater

stickey_mouse

I will be on the Getaway in October. I hope my subject is the same as the one posted here. Does it require reservations for the Escape Theater? If that is the case do you go to the customer service desk for that? And can you book everyday for the time you are on the ship. I also see posts that for Burn the man you need reservations so I'm confused by the post here. Hope you all don't mind my questions since I am so new here. Thank you!

The Escape theater is on the Escape. You will be on the Getaway. You can make reservations for the theater shows, Burn The Floor and Million Dollar Quartet, at the Box Office outside the theater. You can also make reservations online beginning 90 days before your sailing. Once on the ship, in addition to the box office, reservations can be made on the interactive screens located around the ship, and also using the iConcierge app on your phone. I don't recall if there is a phone number to call from your cabin (there is for dining), or if you can also make them via your cabin TV.

No, you can't book them for every day because none of these shows happen every day. You will be wise to check out entertainment options on Getaway via the NCL website. There is also the Illusionarium theater which has a dinner show, and also Headliners which has comedy shows. Those can also be reserved.

Edited by LrgPizza

I completely agree with this. As it stands, NCL encourages reservations. Therefore, it needs to follow a standard in enforcing them.

After all this conversation, we still do not have an actual NCL Policy when it comes to the timing of when stand bys can enter the theatre, only what some people think that policy may be or would be if they were in charge.

I guess if someone wanted to bother, they could call the 800 reservation number and ask what the timing of this actually is, and if in fact you, with your reservation, will have 100 or possibly more stand bys potentially walking in before you because they got there 5 min earlier.

Best bet is to get a reservation if possible, and then, if you are particular about seating, arrive as early as possible in order to avoid competition with others, both with and without reservations.

I guess if someone wanted to bother, they could call the 800 reservation number and ask what the timing of this actually is, and if in fact you, with your reservation, will have 100 or possibly more stand bys potentially walking in before you because they got there 5 min earlier.

I wouldn't expect anyone at the 800 number to have any idea what the policy is for standbys, if there even is an established policy. And even if they promise you that standbys will absolutely be kept out of the theater until just before showtime, the real competition for seats comes from the 500 other people who actually have reservations for the show.

I wouldn't expect anyone at the 800 number to have any idea what the policy is for standbys, if there even is an established policy. And even if they promise you that standbys will absolutely be kept out of the theater until just before showtime, the real competition for seats comes from the 500 other people who actually have reservations for the show.

Not the general 800 number to customer service, but I would think the 800 number straight to the reservation department itself would have some idea. I think there is probably a policy. Since show reservations started, I have seen many people mention getting in on on standby, and I have seen the stand by lines. This is the first time I have ever read that standbys go in immediately, so I tend to doubt it a little.

Yes, the biggest competition is with those "with" reservations, but you are on a level playing field, and if you want the edge, you show up early. Just like making a reservation gives you an edge over those who don't, well that's the way it usually works, and should work, except maybe with NCL? Hopefully there will be some clarification at some point. But if letting everyone in at doors open is what they're now doing, than I'm done playing the reservation game.