Getaway Haven Cabin Questions

aktravelguru

Hi -

I am interested in the Haven cabins because of the amenities but had some questions.

First, on the courtyard rooms, do the comfortable fit 3 people? The room actual looks smaller than the mini-suites since there is a single fold out chair not a couch. The floor plan certainly makes it look as though 3 people in there would be very cramped. Anyone have experience with 3 in a courtyard room?

Second, regarding the aft-facing cabins...it is hard to tell but does the balcony wrap around and how large is it (meaning # of chairs or loungers).

Besides the Haven amenities give me a couple of pros and cons to each of these categories of cabins. Thanks!

Second, regarding the aft-facing cabins...it is hard to tell but does the balcony wrap around and how large is it (meaning # of chairs or loungers).
The balcony doesn't fully "wrap around" completely but if you are standing there, you have a view than can see up the side of the ship towards the bow. You can see into the angled balcony of 9300/9900, for example. :p

For H6 Aft-Facing Penthouse W/balcony, balcony depth varies. From deepest to least deep is deck 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, then 13.

Here's a pic of deck 9...

946009_10201028889861806_945804221_n.jpg?oh=a46378bb091566f3b5914de505f36a30&oe=58E68F3B

and here's a pick of deck 13...

Deck13_zps1cd558cc.jpg

Decks 9 and 12 have a support pole on the balcony because they are the largest. :)

IIRC, every H6 has 2 loungers, 6 chairs, a large table and a small table.

Also, there are 2 different room configurations for the aft-facing staterooms. The "main" room is basically the same other than mirror image (port vs starboard) but the master bedroom will either have the bed by the balcony with a 2nd entrance to the balcony (aka configuration A on decks 11 and 14) or the master bathroom by the balcony with a large window view from the tub (aka configuration B on decks 9, 10, 12, and 13.

Besides the Haven amenities give me a couple of pros and cons to each of these categories of cabins. Thanks!
H5 pros:

Location within the Haven complex

It's actually wider than the mini-suites, not smaller...

HavenCourtyardPenthouse_lo.jpg

H5 cons:

Like all BA/GA side balconies, the balcony is very small/not deep.

H6 pros:

Much larger balconies (see list above for size order)

Larger stateroom with separate living-room/master bedroom.

Better view since you have both aft-facing and side view.

Potentially smoother ride.

H6 cons:

Long walk to the Haven....long walk to anywhere, really.

Possible (minor) soot on furniture.

We were on the Getaway in November. My sister had the Aft Haven Suite room 9316 and my parents had the 2 bedroom haven on the 15th floor. The aft balcony on floor 9 was HUGE. It was twice the size of the picture above. Actually, if you youtube search for the room it actually comes up. The sitting room was large enough to accommodate a 3rd person as well. There are also two bathrooms in this room. The balcony is so large I would have slept out there on the lounger. I am not sure about the courtyard room as I never saw one, but in my opinion, the balcony room would be fantastic.

• 4 months later...

The H6 looks awesome! We are a group of 7. Grandparents, parents and kids. We are thinking of doing four in the H6 and three in an H7. The staterooms would be far apart, but that seems to be the most economical way to do 7 in Haven. Thanks for the pics!

The H6 looks awesome! We are a group of 7. Grandparents, parents and kids. We are thinking of doing four in the H6 and three in an H7. The staterooms would be far apart, but that seems to be the most economical way to do 7 in Haven. Thanks for the pics!

In that case, it is most important to avoid deck 13 (assuming both groups will be on the same deck)

Deck 13 has the smallest H6 balcony and the worst H7 balcony.

We had an H6 on Getaway-12304. Balcony was off the living area & was HUGE! We had a table & 4 chairs & 3 full size loungers with PLENTY of room still. There were 3 of us in the cabin + 3 family members who were in the adjoining non-Haven cabin (4 adults & 2 kids total) and it never felt crowded. It was great to have the extra space & the extra powder room was a plus. The tub in the Master Bath overlooks the balcony. The aft view, in my opinion, is the best view on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums