great buy at bath and Body-wanted to share

motherchic

its an on-line special. at http://www.bathandbody.com

Click on the red get away bag. The special is purchase the 04 get away bag(normally $60 selling for $50 ) and get the 05 traveling bag free. Comes in red or brown. I remember seeing the bag at the store. really liked it but couldnt justify spending the $60. So, i went to the store today, they are selling the $50 bag but not the other and it is only an on-line special.

very pretty bag. I loved the red. Bought a set for myself and my oldest daughter

Just wanted to share.

Nadine

I was in the store the last week of Oct and bought the bag for 25.00 with a 25.00 purchase! Saw the advertised web only deal and ordered it in red and am returning the original bag to the store when the new ones are delivered. I originally wanted the bag from 2004, on our last cruise saw a passenger with it and commented on how lovely it was. She told me it was from Bath & Body Works and she had gotten it around the holidays last year so I was on the lookout this year! When I saw the deal on the web it was tooooo good to pass up even with the s&h charge plus got a free lip gloss in my new favorite Lemon Meringue. Have you tried the Tutti Dolci Souffle or the creme body washin Lemon Meringue, they are wonderful. Jill;)

I am assuming that I am not the only person who has been on a cruise with acrylic nails. How do you deal with the sun screen and the nails. The mention of lotions from B & BW made me think of it. The sun screen makes mush out of my nails? Anyone else have this problem??:confused:

How's the quality of the leather? I'm a little picky with my bags but it seems like a good deal. Is it too good to be true?

BTW - I haven't shopped in Bath & Body Works since college, but the scents you gals mention sound great. I'm a big fan of The Body Shop's body butters - lots of great scents, not too sweet-scented, and they use Community Trade ingredients to support disadvantaged communities. But I'm also a sucker for new beauty products....I might have to make a visit....:)

I just ordered the red bags. Check the label on the lotions. You do not want lanolin for sure. That is a big nail killer. ALso glycerine and propylene glycol. I use OPI lotions. Last cruise I didn't pay attention and used whatever. My nails lifted though I didn't realize it until I got back home for a manicure and had fungus. Yuk! I am watching out this year.

Off topic but where can I get a nice jewlry roll? I had one years ago and used it until it fell apart.

When I made my latest purchase, I asked the manager for a spatula to apply the souffle. They gave me a flat wooden spoon which is working out great, ask the girl for one when you are in the store. I did not want to waste any of the souffle getting under my nails......

The bag is a nice quality leather croco look and seems durable.. Jill:cool:

Thanks for the responses re: the leather, ladies!

mianjo - I just bought a leather jewelry roll from overstock.com. Nice, soft leather, but it has a buckle closure, which isn't the easiest to open. The price was right, so I don't mind! Prior to finding this one, I was eyeing one at redenvelope.com - it seems to be a higher-quality leather and no buckle closure, but more expensive. Happy hunting! :)

Thanks Dawn for the jewerly roll info. Jill I will get one of those wooden spatulas this weekend and some of that body butter stuff. Sounds nice. I have to make a mall run this weekend. My DH got me a Victoria Secrets gift card for my BD. Hope the Bath and Body stuff gets here before the cruise (Dec 3). Looks like they ship quick to me. Anyone else having a run of bad luck or is it me? :( Our dryer died and three weeks with the new Maytag it died. The repair man has been here twice. Still doesn't work. My DH is out buying a new sump pump. It died too. He is out in my car getting it because the starter went out in his. He told me not to touch any of the appliances while he was gone. I really don't think it is me. Is this some kind of pre-cruise thing to eat up my fun money??? :eek:

Mianjo,

Sounds like our house a year ago... got to a point we were afraid to look at anything we owned !

In this order.....what broke in our house :

mixer

microwave

garbage disposal

car

coffee pot

microwave

refrigerator

and last but not least the dryer caught on fire

this all happened in 4 month time period !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...... this to shall end !!!! ( hopefully ??!!?? )

Nadine

Nadine I feel bad whining after your experience. But DH decided to fix the leaky pipe under the sink last night and the whole thing came off. Is was supposed to be a job tightening next to the trap! Maybe it is him not me???

Angie

glad you got it Carbon,

you guys even did better then me. I tried twice and could not get the lip gloss free because i got the bags on special. The computer wouldnt take the code for the free gloss and though i like it i did not want to pay $10 for it !

ENJOY

I ordered two sets of the bags (thanks for that tip!), and some soaps and creams. But, I forgot about the lip gloss! It's ok, though, because I was able to order Vanilla Bean Noel, which is very hard to find here.

Good Morning All,

Hope we are not all going on the same cruise, otherwise we will see ourselves coming and going:eek: , on the other hand it could be a good thing;) . If we do happen to run into each other somewhere down the road, we should do a B&BW cheer, like the Quackers do (quack, quack)..Any suggestions???Jill:cool:

:D

Good Morning All,

Hope we are not all going on the same cruise, otherwise we will see ourselves coming and going:eek: , on the other hand it could be a good thing;) . If we do happen to run into each other somewhere down the road, we should do a B&BW cheer, like the Quackers do (quack, quack)..Any suggestions???Jill:cool:

Well, I don't think we are on the same cruises, but if we run into someone, we can always do "splish-splash"

Think I am giving spare to Daughter in law, if my daughter doesn't need it. With Christmas coming was thinking of filling DILs bag with cruise neccesities, tanning lotion, aloe, sunglasses, etc. All the things we normally leave behind because we are so busy getting the right dress to wear to dinner!! LOL

Archived