Upgrading

claudiniusmaximus

Hi

I know that if you change your cruise you have to pay a £100 per person admin fee to do that (and it can only be to a cruise of equal value or more).

But what if you book one category of cabin and then decide you'd prefer to upgrade it e.g. from oceanview to balcony for instance. Or from balcony to mini-suite. Or even from one category balcony to a higher category balcony.

Does anyone know if they charge the admin fee for that? Or if you just pay the difference in cost?

Also wondering, given that prices go up and down, what would happen if you see a higher category cabin being advertised at the same price you paid for your lower category cabin? Can you upgrade then?

Hope the question makes sense. Has anyone upgraded and did you have to pay the admin fee?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the summer we upgraded from an early saver to a select fare cabin (both balcony cabins) , they charged us the select price as it was at the time which we made the original booking and they didn't charge us a fee to do so. I had booked the cruise through their website and phoned them up to change.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just give them a call. You will pay the price that your upgraded cabin was on the day you made your original booking. There is no admin fee but you will have to pay the difference in deposit between the 2 cabins (or balance if it is after final payment date) I have done this a few times and they have been very helpful and it has not caused any problems. I have always booked direct, if you used a TA then they will have to handle the upgrade and they may have a fee for changing your booking.