Excursion from Liverpool to Wales

Knolmom

Has anyone explored or taken an excursion into Wales from the port stop in Liverpool? Although we are Beatles fans, we would love to do a something different as this would be our only opportunity to travel to Wales. We don't care much for the cruise ship excursions.

If you're just 2 to 4 in your group, check out the shared van cruise excursion offered by these folk

http://www.busybus.co.uk/cruise-excursions

I've seen their tours praised a number of times on Cruise Critic.

The only downside is the pay-with-booking terms, I believe they don't refund if your ship fails to make port - an issue for ships porting at Holyhead due to its unreliability in adverse sea conditions, but unlikely with a Liverpool port-of-call

They do book-out early.

JB :)

If you're just 2 to 4 in your group, check out the shared van cruise excursion offered by these folk

http://www.busybus.co.uk/cruise-excursions

I've seen their tours praised a number of times on Cruise Critic.

The only downside is the pay-with-booking terms, I believe they don't refund if your ship fails to make port - an issue for ships porting at Holyhead due to its unreliability in adverse sea conditions, but unlikely with a Liverpool port-of-call

They do book-out early.

We took the North Wales tour from Liverpool that John mentioned (busy bus)

It was a great tour. We took this tour in 2013, so I don't know if it has changed much.

Thanks so much Papa and John. Both of you have given me as well as others on these boards countless hours of your time posting great recommendations ! You have been so helpful to me in planning my cruises and land travels since 2012. If we don't get a group from the roll call, I will contact BusyBus for sure.

Thanks so much Papa and John. Both of you have given me as well as others on these boards countless hours of your time posting great recommendations ! You have been so helpful to me in planning my cruises and land travels since 2012. If we don't get a group from the roll call, I will contact BusyBus for sure.

Knoimon,

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy helping others, since others on cc have helped me considerably in planning.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to butt into this thread, but I have been doing some research for a future cruise and was looking at Busybus as an option for maybe a Chester visit or even N. Wales. It seems as though they have changed their T's & C's now and are offering full refund if ship does not make port for whatever reason

Sorry to butt into this thread, but I have been doing some research for a future cruise and was looking at Busybus as an option for maybe a Chester visit or even N. Wales. It seems as though they have changed their T's & C's now and are offering full refund if ship does not make port for whatever reason

If the ship doesn't make port, someone has to bite the bullet.

Glad to see Busybus is now doing just that

I just checked the Busybus website and I confirm they are giving 100% full refund if the ship fails to port.

Their terms and conditions verify this too:

5. Cancellation by the Customer where a cruise liner fails to dock

This paragraph appends clause 4 above and is specific to cruise ship excursions where a passenger is unable to complete their booking due to the failure of port arrival or docking of the cruise liner.

% Refund Of Total Booking Value: 100% (FULL REFUND)

I can't find terms & conditions on a lot of other independent excursion providers but there seems no doubt or ambiguity about this one.