Jade La Cucina Bench Style Seating?

broadwaycam

How is the bench style seating at La Cucina on the Jade? I have a group of 7 and have a feeling we will be put at a bench seating table. I am not real excited about the possibility of being put at a table that has bench seating that does not have backs. I am not sure why in a specialty restaurant they have seating like this. Do they have some bigger tables like for 8 people in La Cucina that have chairs and not benches?

No one was ever seated there when I was on the Jade. It seemed more like it was there for decoration. Also those tables were huge - like for maybe 10 people. It may be that by now, they have replaced the benches with chairs like on the other Jewel class ships. This restaurant has one side with plenty of 4 tops and 2 tops next to each other which could be easily joined together to create a table for 8. I would think if you went by the restaurant the day before you dine there and let the maitre'd know that is your preference for seating, they would plan ahead and do that for you.

No one was ever seated there when I was on the Jade. It seemed more like it was there for decoration. Also those tables were huge - like for maybe 10 people. It may be that by now, they have replaced the benches with chairs like on the other Jewel class ...

Nope. On Jade this past October those benches were still at tables down the middle. We had a 2-top by window but there was a family of 6 seated at one of the bench seat tables.

Stop by the restaurant as soon as you can, one evening before you're scheduled to eat there, to express your preferences. Hopefully they will be able to accommodate you. They do seat people at those long tables, so if that's not what you want, tell them.

When is your cruise? If it's after the refurbishment, who knows, maybe the benches will be gone. [Never mind, I see you're sailing next month already.]

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Nope. On Jade this past October those benches were still at tables down the middle. We had a 2-top by window but there was a family of 6 seated at one of the bench seat tables.

The other thing is when Jade goes to dry dock, the upgrade will change the appearance of this restaurant - scheduled for March 10 - 17, 2017. The new decor on other ships has been more contemporary and far less Tuscan and no benches like this photo of the Gem La Cucina after renovation:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/norwegian-gem-385/la-cucina-205300/la-cucina--v10481661/

Stop by the restaurant as soon as you can, one evening before you're scheduled to eat there, to express your preferences. Hopefully they will be able to accommodate you. They do seat people at those long tables, so if that's not what you want, tell them.

When is your cruise? If it's after the refurbishment, who knows, maybe the benches will be gone. [Never mind, I see you're sailing next month already.]

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely stop by the restaurant and put in a request to be at a table with chairs. I have back issues so sitting at a seat without a back for an extended period of time is very hard for me.

We just got off the Jade (group of 7) and enjoyed dinner at La Cucina. We did not ask for it but we were seated in an alcove that had 3 of us on a shared bench (with a back) 3 across from us in chairs and the last person in a chair at the "head" of the table. It was comfortable and we had a great dinner! They still had the "old" menu with pizza, chicken parm, ossabuco gremolata, etc...

Perhaps you could ask for something similar?

Have a great time!