Recent experience with VRBO in Rome

thepoint

We rented an apartment in 2012 in Rome and had a great experience thanks to recommendations on CC. We are now looking for a two bedroom/two bath, or two one bedrooms in the same building. Does anyone have any recent experience and recommendations for an apartment? We would like to be in the Trevi Fountain area. Thank you.

Try searching directly on VRBO and/or Home Away (both owned by the same company, but they sometimes have different properties available) and reading the reviews to the specific properties there. There are so many terrific properties to choose from, and you can narrow your search by the specific area in which you want to be.

Thank you. I have been researching the sites and have found what look to be great apartments with great reviews in the Trevi Fountain area. However, It is always nice to hear from someone directly regarding their experience. For example, when we were in Rome in 2012 we rented #262260. This is a great location and wonderful apartment for two adults. The post states that it sleeps four. In my opinion, it would be very uncomfortable with 2 adults and two children over the age of 3, and would be quite difficult with four adults. But, that is just me, some people might not mind sharing a bedroom if they are on a budget. I would stay at this apartment again and highly recommend it, however we will be four adults this time.

Have you looked on Trip Advisor - there might be info more specific to what you are looking for.

We've done well with the traveller reviews on VRBO/Home Away. I also look carefully at the pictures. Sometimes you can google the actual unit - especially if it has a name and find more info that way.

I'm renting one in July in Rome. VRBO. What I do is make certain there are a lot if reviews. I'm staying in the travestere area and my place has 178 reviews, lol...so I'm hoping all is well. I've rented in Dublin and Prague and everything was good...again I went with places with lots of reviews on the VRBO site.