Just off the Liberty post transfer

silverpenguin

Sorry to hear this. We cruised the Liberty September 19 and again the last cruise before dry dock (Nov. 26 - Dec 1) and didn't have any big issues.

We did discuss the dry dock with Captain Giusa and our cruise actually got cut short so they could load all the supplies needed in Galveston. The dock was piled high with equipment when we arrived back in Galveston. They brought in a couple of cranes to hoist it up to the open decks. The technicians working on the propulsion problem managed to increase the speed to 17-18 knots from the 13-15 the Liberty had been doing. We were not due back until mid afternoon on Dec. 1, but Captain Giusa announced the day before that we would be arriving by 9am. When we saw him at the Diamond/Platinum reunion he said he was thrilled we could get back earlier to load the ship and that he hoped to make it to Freeport earlier than planned since they needed every bit of the time they would be in drydock to make all the planned repairs.

The crew for the most part, were staying with the ship in drydock, not boarding in Port Canaveral, according to the HR Manager, Margaret Robinson and Captain Giusa. There were a bunch of crew members scheduled to head home for their vacations, maybe a few more than usual since so many wanted to be home for Christmas, but those not on vacation had been given their assignments as to what they would work on during the dry dock. There were also a bunch of special activities and parties planned for the crew.

How will always start a cruise, and ending up with all our money's worth.

Sorry, forgot to save the edit: we instead of will:

Confused as to your response...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Should have been:

How we always start a cruise, and ending up with all our money's worth.

Meaning:

Referring to your post, we also start, like you, a cruise with an open mind. And we just enjoy it so we end up with our money's worth.

Sorry for confusing you with the simple typo.

Sorry, forgot to save the edit: we instead of will:

Should have been:

How we always start a cruise, and ending up with all our money's worth.

Meaning:

Referring to your post, we also start, like you, a cruise with an open mind. And we just enjoy it so we end up with our money's worth.

Sorry for confusing you with the simple typo.

Thank you for the clarification! [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry if it sounded like a laundry list of complaints - I was just giving details of why all the little things added up to an unenjoyable cruise. And it did matter why we couldn't change weekends because we were originally given the option to cancel or switch and we couldn't.

Also, I did not buy the beverage pack for just the reason I listed - just saying we would have purchased it, if we would have had the option to mix and match the Alcohol with the soda...I offered my opinion to Carnival, that is frequently stated on this forum, others would like to purchase the package if it didn't require that everyone in the same cabin purchase it - no harm in giving them one more persons opinion.

But no worries if you don't agree with the way I wrote my email to Carnival - they are handling my issues. I am happy to cruise Carnival and all other lines again. Already have 3 upcoming cruises booked.

Thanks for this info.

Can you clarify how Carnival is handling the issue? I am curious about there response!