Whale watching in late march?

whtdog

We will be on Vision of the Seas in late March. I am looking for all the information about whales around Cabo. How to see them? Where to see them? What is the best time of day?

Thanks bunches for the info...

Sunny

January is peak season in California. But there are still some migrating down in March. You will probably see dolphins for sure, and possibly gray whales when you are heading into Cabo. If you want to see more of them, there are whale watching excursions that leave from Cabo. Time of day? Hard to say, they have their own schedule. When we did the Mexican Riviera a few years ago (many years-it was Song of America). The captain announced that there were whales off the port side. He also advised us not to all run over there, because the ship would tilt. LOL:D

Be sure to bring at least a couple of good quality small pairs of binoculars with you!

I thought I had that wrong. They are heading back up to the Arctic, Jan. -March, after calving in Baja. January is still peak, but March might be OK for late calves. We have only been out on boats in CA from Monterey to see them, and it is hard to tell which direction they are headed.:D Welcome to the boards!

We will be on Vision of the Seas in late March. I am looking for all the information about whales around Cabo. How to see them? Where to see them? What is the best time of day?

Thanks bunches for the info...

Sunny

We were on the Diamond Princess in March of this year - sailing the week of March 19th - we did a whale watching excursion in Cabo - I think we were there on Thursday the 24th - it is iffy and they tell you it's possible that they will be gone because they start to swim north, but we had a wonderful experience - a mama, the nurse whale and a baby and boy did we get a show - it was fabulous and I would recommend it to anyone.

Archived