IOS Aft #6710

capecruzer

I think I may have pushed my luck just a little too far this time :D I booked an inside several months ago, was able to upgrade to an oceanview two weeks ago for the same price, upgraded to #6294 a few days ago for an additional $50 and then I saw an aft balcony available today. I got so excited I immediately requested my TA switch my cabin (same price) and THEN I decided to look at reviews. OOPS :eek:

I'm really reading mixed reviews of this corner aft on Deck 6. I cannot find any true images online though. Someone convince me I've done the right thing and this is an "upgrade" from a regular side balcony lol.

I guess sometimes you shouldn't wish for more, being greedy might have bit me this time.

Thank you Debbie, that looks great. I'm not sure I can visualize this metal extension that I keep reading about (and that is exactly the negative review I keep reading, well, that and soot?). I also keep reading that no loungers are available?

Your balcony does not extend over to the large porthole like the corner afts on 7. We would not book back there on any deck unless we could get one of the 2 deck 7 corners. Go and enjoy your cruise

Edited by setsail

I personally prefer aft balconies. I have been on deck 7 3 times and deck 10 once (deck 10 is best) Deck 6 is the lowest of the aft balconies, your view is not as great as the higher ones. BUT I think any aft is better than a smaller side balcony. Your balcony will be more than double the size of an E category side balcony.

Finally :D Thank you epcopres. I love a balcony and don't care that it is mostly shaded. I'm much the sun/beach person but with my coffee in the morning and my afternoon before-dinner glass of wine, I am quite content with cool and shady. It will also give my daughter and I a bit more room to spread out, especially since I get up by 6 am and she'll sleep another couple of hours while I laze around on the balcony taking in the sights and caffeine.

We had #8410 on Indy in July this year for 14 nights and absolutely loved it ! Only downside was our 6ft 2" 20yr old Son could not sleep on the Pullman, (his head and feet hung over at each end) so our lovely SA got us a rollaway bed & he slept fine on that !

Edited by Clio1610