Stingray Sailing excursion, getting there on time

zdub86

I'd like some advice and feedback for how long it usually takes to tender from the cruise ship to the dock in Grand Cayman. I booked an excursion with Stingray Sailing and they said to meet at the Royal Watler Cruise Ship Terminal at 9:00 am local time. It is my understanding the Cayman Islands do not recognize daylight savings time. I will be cruising from Galveston which is an hour behind Grand Cayman time. My cruise itinerary says we will be getting to Grand Cayman at 7:00 am (not sure if the ship will stay on Texas time or change to island time, that's something I will be sure to watch for). We will be sure to be up and ready to tender ASAP. I haven't been on a cruise in a very long time so I was just curious to know how long the lines usually are for Grand Cayman and how long it normally takes to get to the dock since we do not have any excursions booked through Carnival I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to get off the ship.

I thought Cayman was CST the same as Galveston and didn't have a time difference from the ship. I sure hope so! I booked excursions based off of ship time coming from Galveston as well. :/

I've been in constant communication with the local company that owns Stingray Sailing. They told me Cayman Islands do not observe daylight savings time and are ALWAYS 5 hours behind GMT, which is the same as EST. So, November 6th, 2016-March 6th, 2017 they will be an hour ahead of CST. So I guess it just depends on what time of year you will be visiting. If you will be there after March 6th 2017, then Cayman will be the same time as CST and you won't have anything to worry about. Me, however, will be there in February so I'm trying to figure out if I will have enough time to make it to the port by 9:00 local time.

I've been in constant communication with the local company that owns Stingray Sailing. They told me Cayman Islands do not observe daylight savings time and are ALWAYS 5 hours behind GMT, which is the same as EST. So, November 6th, 2016-March 6th, 2017 they will be an hour ahead of CST. So I guess it just depends on what time of year you will be visiting. If you will be there after March 6th 2017, then Cayman will be the same time as CST and you won't have anything to worry about. Me, however, will be there in February so I'm trying to figure out if I will have enough time to make it to the port by 9:00 local time.

Gotcha. I am going in the summer where we are on the same time. In the Spring there is an hour difference. What I have been told is the itinerary's dock time is island time no matter what the ship is. IDK.

See:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20170306T140000&p1=494&p2=377

You have plenty of time to make the tour. We just went with Captain Chip (Stingray Sailing) a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome. The Far Tortuga is a great boat.

Enjoy!

I'd like some advice and feedback for how long it usually takes to tender from the cruise ship to the dock in Grand Cayman. I booked an excursion with Stingray Sailing and they said to meet at the Royal Watler Cruise Ship Terminal at 9:00 am local time. It is my understanding the Cayman Islands do not recognize daylight savings time. I will be cruising from Galveston which is an hour behind Grand Cayman time. My cruise itinerary says we will be getting to Grand Cayman at 7:00 am (not sure if the ship will stay on Texas time or change to island time, that's something I will be sure to watch for). We will be sure to be up and ready to tender ASAP. I haven't been on a cruise in a very long time so I was just curious to know how long the lines usually are for Grand Cayman and how long it normally takes to get to the dock since we do not have any excursions booked through Carnival I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to get off the ship.

Cruise ships adjust ship time to match what is the local time. You would get info in your daily schedule and usually the dining staff will remind you at dinner or the cruise director at the shows.

Cruise ships adjust ship time to match what is the local time. You would get info in your daily schedule and usually the dining staff will remind you at dinner or the cruise director at the shows.

It depends on the cruise line, departure port, and other factors.

On our most recent cruise the ship never changed the clocks to match port times. :)