Getaway Large Balcony

bktok

We are booked on our second cruise on the Getaway in May 2018 and this will be the first time in a large balcony.

We are currently booked for cabin 9130, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any specific large balcony cabins that were deemed better.

We want one that has the bunk bed and I'd really like for the main bed to be be close to the balcony but all of the diagrams, spreadsheets, etc that I have seen all show the couch being by the balcony.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The rooms alternate between having the bed or the couch by the balcony. From the deck plans it looks like 9130 has the bed by the balcony.

I don't really know about the bunk beds, but I see that 9130 has a + symbol which apparently means it sleeps 4. My understanding (which may be wrong) is that the 4th person sleeps on a food down bed, which may be what you are talking about.

Thanks for the reply, Keith!

Yeah, I'm fairly confident about the bunk bed, I just prefer the main bed to be by balcony. I have a difficult time reading those layout "maps" sometimes, so I wasn't sure if 9130 was laid out like that or not.

Thanks for the reply, Keith!

Yeah, I'm fairly confident about the bunk bed, I just prefer the main bed to be by balcony. I have a difficult time reading those layout "maps" sometimes, so I wasn't sure if 9130 was laid out like that or not.

On the deck plans, the indent indicates the position of the sofa, as the bed is at the wides part. 9130 seems to have the indent near the bathroom, which suggests the bed is near the balcony.

It's a while since I've had to work it out, but I think that's correct.

NCL does not have bunk beds. For cabins holding 4, the extra bed will pull down from the ceiling. Not sure if that's what you meant or not ...

Thanks for the reply!

That is what I meant. I consider it to be a bunk bed. Lol

On the deck plans, the indent indicates the position of the sofa, as the bed is at the wides part. 9130 seems to have the indent near the bathroom, which suggests the bed is near the balcony.

It's a while since I've had to work it out, but I think that's correct.

Hmmm...I always thought the indention was the bed position. Lol

Thanks for the reply!

That is what I meant. I consider it to be a bunk bed. Lol

I figured ... just wanted to make sure.

We had 9124 booked last time, and the bed was by the balcony. If you look at that diagram, and go by that, you can tell which cabins are also like that.

I figured ... just wanted to make sure.

We had 9124 booked last time, and the bed was by the balcony. If you look at that diagram, and go by that, you can tell which cabins are also like that.

Yeah, I've looked at the diagram and not sure if the indent refers to the couch or the bed. I guess I always thought it was the bed.

So if I got this right, the red dots represent the bed position within the cabins and therefore, 9130 on the Getaway will have the bed by the balcony, right?

e2c6c87b5522dd31b35c512c992e34d0.jpg

Thanks for the help!

For the Getaway/Breakaway I'm pretty sure that all of the large balcony and large mini suite rooms that are designated to hold 4 will have the bed near the balcony. I actually prefer the bed in the middle so that the couch is near the balcony but I was unable to find that arrangement for my previous and upcoming cruise in the large mini suite rooms that hold 4.