First time on Carnival

MsJ

Hello, We have just booked a 5 night cruise out of Tampa on the Paradise for January 30th. We have been on 20+ cruises but this is our first time on Carnival. We are booked in Grand Suite U70.

I was wondering if anyone has ever been in this cabin. Also any other tips or advice on the Paradise. I know it is an old ship and doesn't have all the upgrades of the new mega ships but we don't think that is really a bad thing. I kind of like smaller ships myself.

I have read many reviews on all the ships we have been on and take them with a grain of salt. It seems no matter what ship we have cruised on there are just tons of negative reviews. In spite of that we have had a great time on everyone of them!

We will be in Florida in our RV so we are looking for any info on parking or storing our trailer for the 5 nights. We have never cruised out of Tampa.

We booked this cruise as it goes to 2 of our favorite snorkeling sites...Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Except for the Keys where we will be with our RV for 3 weeks, Cayman and Cozumel are ,to me, the best islands for snorkeling. Thanks for any tips or advice. We are looking forward to our first Carnival cruise.

PS..We are in our 60's and retired and not really into partying. We just like to relax, be waited on, have our bed made and towels replaced and enjoy the sunset each night with a glass of wine.

Thank you

It is a lovely room, big bathroom, lots of space, with a decent balcony. It was big enough for 2 adults and two kids. I think you will enjoy it.

You could check the Port of Tampa website for parking an RV. They offer valet parking in a surface lot so maybe they could accommodate the RV.

Sailing out of Tampa is very nice. Be sure to be outside when the ship goes under the Sunshine Skyway bridge, usually two hours after sail away. It is truly breathtaking.

Thanks for info. I have done a little research on the parking thing and I believe there is a place that takes RV's that is further away than the port parking. We are also thinking of checking in to a local campground that offers storage. I will be researching once the holiday is over.

• 1 month later...