Carnival online check-in question (boarding time)

zdub86

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I am a first-time cruiser and getting ready for my honeymoon. On Carnival's website when I go to do the online check-in it's asking me for a check-in time. Anywhere between 12:00-3:00 in 30-minute increments. I know if we arrive to the port BEFORE our check-in time we won't be able to board until our designated check-in time. But what happens if we arrive after? Will they still let us on? Or am I overthinking this?? It says we MUST arrive during our designated check-in time. So what happens if we are a little late??

For example: If I choose 12:00 for our check-in time, but we don't get there until 1:00, they can't deny us entrance to the ship correct? We are driving to Galveston from our house which is about a 3 hour drive and you never know what the traffic will be like. So I'm thinking I should just pick the earliest time (12:00).

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I am a first-time cruiser and getting ready for my honeymoon. On Carnival's website when I go to do the online check-in it's asking me for a check-in time. Anywhere between 12:00-3:00 in 30-minute increments. I know if we arrive to the port BEFORE our check-in time we won't be able to board until our designated check-in time. But what happens if we arrive after? Will they still let us on? Or am I overthinking this?? It says we MUST arrive during our designated check-in time. So what happens if we are a little late??

For example: If I choose 12:00 for our check-in time, but we don't get there until 1:00, they can't deny us entrance to the ship correct? We are driving to Galveston from our house which is about a 3 hour drive and you never know what the traffic will be like. So I'm thinking I should just pick the earliest time (12:00).

First of all, check -in time and boarding are different. Check-in time dictates when you can enter the port building to check in.

Boarding time is when the ship is cleared for passengers to embark.

You can arrive any time after your check-in time to check in. If you arrive before, you'll wait outside the port building until it is your time.

Happy honeymoon.

As long as you get there before boarding closes, you can get on the boat. Entering the building to check in is only at your time and beyond.

They're just tired of 400+ people showing up before boarding starts and the no where for them to wait inside the building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But what happens if we arrive after? Will they still let us on? Or am I overthinking this?? It says we MUST arrive during our designated check-in time. So what happens if we are a little late??

Yes, you will be let in.

Edited by easyboy

For Platinum you still have to pick a check in time but you do NOT have to wait until that time to actually check in!! You have "special status" along with folks who book suites and who buy FTTF. They can all check in before their assigned times.