Grand Princess

Traveler1010

We just finished our Christmas trip on the Grand. My only other trip was 11 years ago on the Dawn. The new mattresses are great! The furniture throughout the public spaces were fine, but the couch in our suite was uncomfortable for me--felt like a brick! My husband loved it, tho. . . New show, Dance, was wonderful and the service throughout was outstanding. If you have the chance, do the Chefs Dinner. It was a truly memorable and unique experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app

We were on the Grand back in the middle of the last decade so she was a bit newer at that time. Glad to hear she received the new bedding and other updates. An Alfredo's Pizzeria was added some time ago to the Plaza deck so that is nice. One poster suggested that the ship does not have central staircase which is not correct. That is a "feature" of the Royal class ships. Skywalkers had to be removed because it was developing cracks in the super structure which was made of metal. The following grand class ships, Star and Golden, were not impacted as their Skywalker super structure was composite. The Grand is of course the first of the grand class ships launched in 1998 and just came out of dry dock. I believe it is time to book on the Grand P again and enjoy the city by the bay!

We were on the Grand back in the middle of the last decade so she was a bit newer at that time. Glad to hear she received the new bedding and other updates. An Alfredo's Pizzeria was added some time ago to the Plaza deck so that is nice. One poster suggested that the ship does not have central staircase which is not correct. That is a "feature" of the Royal class ships. Skywalkers had to be removed because it was developing cracks in the super structure which was made of metal. The following grand class ships, Star and Golden, were not impacted as their Skywalker super structure was composite. The Grand is of course the first of the grand class ships launched in 1998 and just came out of dry dock. I believe it is time to book on the Grand P again and enjoy the city by the bay!

I have yet to sail on Grand so don't have first hand experience, but from what other posters have written on these boards, the Grand was the first in her class and indeed does not have a central staircase. All other sister ships in that class that followed her had that feature added.

Or so I have been told. ;)

Edited by sloopsailor

The central staircase on the Grand only connects decks 5-7. Anything higher you need to take the elevators.

The main show lounge just was updated to LED lighting, all new shops, new décor in Sabatinis, Ice cream bar on Lido deck was re done and now also serves deluxe coffee. Head chef was proud to show off new pots in kitchen for cooking soup and new ovens in bakery section. New tenders and hull art.

The main show lounge just was updated to LED lighting, all new shops, new décor in Sabatinis, Ice cream bar on Lido deck was re done and now also serves deluxe coffee.

Doug, can the coffee card be used at the ice cream bar that is serving coffee? It would be great since we have a forward cabin on the Lido deck in 3 weeks. :D

Cheers, Denise