If I cancel my cruise during a sale will it be cheaper?

poobears

Ok, I think I figured it out:

7 night cruise = 250.00 Deposit per passenger - normally would have been 1000.00 penalty as per 4 pax, and under the Early Saver. BUT:

2 pax = 500

858-500 = 358

358 / 2 = 179

Is your rate for the kids 179 + tax each? That would make sense, as the deposit is 250 or the fare, which ever is lower. And they still will keep 50 per passenger for a total of 200.00, leaving 658.00 as your future cruise credit to use again within 2 years.

Hope that helps! (??) ! :D:D

So the penalty they are showing includes the money that is held for a future cruise? That is what I was trying to figure out. If it includes the held money I am fine with that. I just don't want it to be lost money. That makes total sense, yes passenger 3 and 4 are cheaper fares. Thank you, my brain can quit hurting now lol

Oh one more question. I always book and pay the deposit in my name, this time I booked in mine buy DH handed me his card instead of mine when I asked for a card to fill out the info. So the credit is going to go into his name. There's a very good chance he won't be cruising in the next 2 years before it expires. Is there anyway for him to transfer it into my name? Does he actually have to be on the cruise to use the credit or does he just have to call and book the cruise? Like can he call and book us on a cruise? I guess I could book him in as a 4th person and have him be a no show to use the credit but I'd still lose the amount of his 4th person fare.

Or I wonder if once I get him added and his credit added if I can remove his name (not booking under ES obviously) and the credit will stay there?). Hmmm

Oh one more question. I always book and pay the deposit in my name, this time I booked in mine buy DH handed me his card instead of mine when I asked for a card to fill out the info. So the credit is going to go into his name. There's a very good chance he won't be cruising in the next 2 years before it expires. Is there anyway for him to transfer it into my name? Does he actually have to be on the cruise to use the credit or does he just have to call and book the cruise? Like can he call and book us on a cruise? I guess I could book him in as a 4th person and have him be a no show to use the credit but I'd still lose the amount of his 4th person fare.

Or I wonder if once I get him added and his credit added if I can remove his name (not booking under ES obviously) and the credit will stay there?). Hmmm

The credit is the deposit for each person. Non-transferable. Did you use a TA?

Edited by DisneyDatknee

It doesnt work that way. you will lost 50pp but 200pp will be held for a future trip - not to be used as a deposit

>

If you call and Cancel current cruise and Book a new cruise in the same call, the credit CAN be applied to the new deposit. Ken

The problem is DH used the cc in his name instead of the one in mine because his was closer. According to the Carnival site the money held goes into the name of the person that paid, not the person who was booked so everything will be held in DHs name, not ours.

I will wait until our final payment date gets closer, there is still a very slim chance we might still go with DH being a no show. But if not I'll see if I can find a closer cruise for the girls and I to go on and see if I can't get a helpful rep that will transfer the held money onto the balance of another cruise without DH being booked on it. Maybe if I put Dh on the phone too and he gives permission it will be ok. I might get lucky.