Where to buy coffee flavoured tequila?

littleengine

Hi all... I'll be heading to Mexico at the end of Jan/early February and some friends would like me to pick up some tequila for them if possible - Don Julio brand coffee flavoured, to be specific.

I'm not a tequila drinker so I never really looked for it when I was previously in the port, and I won't have a ton of time to wander aimlessly. Was hoping someone remembers seeing this somewhere so I could make a quick stop to pick some up for them.

Will be stopping in both Cozumel and Costa Maya, so either port would work.

Thanks!

Edited by littleengine

Your best bet is to try either of the 2 super markets along the waterfront road heading south out of town, Mega or Chedurai. Or in the south of town

Cosi Liquors. Taxi drivers can take you to all 3.

There may or may not be some in the duty free shop or liquor store on the Punta Langosta pier shopping area.

At the RCCL pier there's a small shop that sells only tequila. There used to be a great duty free shop but last stop there, 11/16, it was no longer in business.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hmm.. Interesting. I thought they were expanding the shopping stuff there. I must have been seeing the construction for Margaritaville, etc, instead. In any case not applicable to OP since the Getaway docks at Punta Langosta downtown. I am reminded though that there are a couple of tequila stores in downtown. One on the Plaza is related to the Tequila Factory and only carries that brand, I believe. The other is relatively new, not quite 2 years old, and is in the Royal Village Stores along the waterfront before the ferry pier. I hear they sell flavored tequilas, so might be worth exploring via a short walk. And I correct my spelling: it's Covi not Cosi and Chedraui, not Chedurai.

Hmm.. Interesting. I thought they were expanding the shopping stuff there. I must have been seeing the construction for Margaritaville, etc, instead. In any case not applicable to OP since the Getaway docks at Punta Langosta downtown. I am reminded though that there are a couple of tequila stores in downtown. One on the Plaza is related to the Tequila Factory and only carries that brand, I believe. The other is relatively new, not quite 2 years old, and is in the Royal Village Stores along the waterfront before the ferry pier. I hear they sell flavored tequilas, so might be worth exploring via a short walk. And I correct my spelling: it's Covi not Cosi and Chedraui, not Chedurai.

Crew, not sure what the new shop is that you are talking about, but Royal Village is opposite International Pier, so not really near for OP.

Crew, not sure what the new shop is that you are talking about, but Royal Village is opposite International Pier, so not really near for OP.

:o oops!. I had read about this on a totally different chat site. The poster didn't remember the name of the store, but said it was in the Royal shops. As the poster was also talking about downtown, I made the assumption they were downtown too, but not on the Plaza.

PatyCake ever hear of anyone buying coffee flavored tequila? Or do you know the name of the store I mentioned? I know it's not La Europa.

Thanks.