Divina Emergency Phone Number

GRANNYOFSIX

We will be sailing on the Divina in January. Does anyone know a number where family (at home) can reach a guest on the ship?

I called MSC and they gave me this long crazy number and said it's not dependable??????????????????????? This is absurd to me!!!

He said the best thing to do is leave our cell phone turned on....that will be our last resort if we HAVE to do that......have NEVER done that on any cruise we have taken.

In April of 2015 unfortunately we did receive an emergency phone call from our daughter and we had to immediately debark the ship at the next port. I was very thankful I gave my family the emergency phone number that Royal offered so that they were able to contact us!

Thank you in advance for your help and/or suggestions!

Laura

I spoke to another rep at MSC about the emergency phone number to give to family staying at home.

She said they would call MSC directly at 1-877-665-4655. They would need to be able to give the following info.....

Ship Name

Sailing Date

Name of guest

Booking Number

The Voyager Numbers might help as well - but the rep didn't say that was necessary but I will leave those numbers for my adult children.

Hope this helps.

Hi Granny,

Ignore what the call centre people tell you. The ship's phones are satellite and not terrestrial or cell for obvious reasons. Satellite phones are reliable but can be adversely affected by weather conditions. However, it is highly unlikely you would be unreachable in the event of an emergency. These ships are connected to the mainland 24/7.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you bnorris10 and HardToPort for your help.

Are you saying that if my at home family needs to get in touch with us they should NOT call MSC customer service directly???

In 2015 when we were cruising, we had the internet package and our son tried the internet but he needed to speak to us immediately. He decided to call Royal Caribbean directly and he received help - took a little while but they did reach us, thank God. (Our then 2-1/2 year old granddaughter was diagnosed with Leukemia....we had to get off at the next port) She still has 9 months of treatment and I'm just worried in case of an emergency that they won't be able to contact us!!!!!!!!

I was hoping that since I spoke to a rep at MSC and she said to call MSC directly, that they would be able to help. I think it might take a little time but they eventually would get in contact with us. We plan on emailing, etc. as well. Just worried.....hoooly!

Thank you bnorris10 and HardToPort for your help.

Are you saying that if my at home family needs to get in touch with us they should NOT call MSC customer service directly???

In 2015 when we were cruising, we had the internet package and our son tried the internet but he needed to speak to us immediately. He decided to call Royal Caribbean directly and he received help - took a little while but they did reach us, thank God. (Our then 2-1/2 year old granddaughter was diagnosed with Leukemia....we had to get off at the next port) She still has 9 months of treatment and I'm just worried in case of an emergency that they won't be able to contact us!!!!!!!!

I was hoping that since I spoke to a rep at MSC and she said to call MSC directly, that they would be able to help. I think it might take a little time but they eventually would get in contact with us. We plan on emailing, etc. as well. Just worried.....hoooly!

I feel they should do both call the number and reach out to you online this way which ever method is quicker you can be reached - I pray you can get thru your trip without a phone call and speedy recovery

Hi bnorris10,

Thank you for wishing our sweet granddaughter a speedy recovery. It's a long hard journey for little Lauren as it is for all pediatric cancer warriors. We are very fortunate, Lauren hasn't had any super major issues to cause her to relapse or anything and we pray she can keep up her strong fight and beat this horrid disease. Looking so forward to Sept 2017 when God willing her last treatment will be over!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately her little buddy who has been fighting the exact same time, has relapsed and must start from square one. It's all so very difficult!

I will give both our adult children the phone numbers, etc. We will keep in touch with them via the internet as well and our phone allows us to call them when we are in a few of the ports. My daughter Joanne has Lauren who has leukemia.......my son Michael was the one needing to notify us - he wouldn't tell us the reason for his call - just that we needed to immediately call our daughter Joanne.......praying so hard we absolutely do not receive this type of phone call again......ever!!! Hoping NO ONE on the ship receives any type of bad news from home!!!! Thanks again!

Hopeful that we ALL have a wonderful, safe, healthy and happy cruise!!!

Thanks,

Laura

I feel they should do both call the number and reach out to you online this way which ever method is quicker you can be reached - I pray you can get thru your trip without a phone call and speedy recovery

Laura, we have just received our travel documents and there are some phone numbers listed? See screen shot. These may be useful?

May see you on board!

Nicola

41902de50543d1e1c9e2cad57bccf237.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you nikkiw60 - I tried those numbers - I guess I'm doing something wrong...... don't really know how to dial the number - sure would appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions.

Thank you!!!

Laura, we have just received our travel documents and there are some phone numbers listed? See screen shot. These may be useful?

May see you on board!

Nicola

41902de50543d1e1c9e2cad57bccf237.jpg

Hi Nikkiw60 - yes, I was advised it was crazy expensive but I thought I would try to dial it anyway......I put in the 00 and it says your call cannot be completed as dialed.......I don't understand!! I think probably the best bet is just to check email everyday and give the MSC customer service number..........just don't know what else to do to ease my mind..........praying that everything will be just fine and there won't be a need for a call from the states....thanks for caring :)

My DH has just googled and 00870 is the ocean going number for all ships worldwide and it's expensive as is a satellite.

Or just keep your phone switched on and they could text you? But turn off data roaming. Also if you have the wifi package you can always pick up emails and whatsapp worked for us on the Divina last year.