Seven Days on the Dawn and Christmas in New Orleans: A Review

PaulInPGH

Hi again Paul,

Totally not important but was curious if the bed or the couch in 9602 is by the balcony? I scanned through your review to see if there was a picture of the room, but all I came out with is a grumbling stomach :)

Thank you,

Heather

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi again Paul,

Totally not important but was curious if the bed or the couch in 9602 is by the balcony? I scanned through your review to see if there was a picture of the room, but all I came out with is a grumbling stomach :)

Thank you,

Heather

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The couch is next to the balcony door. It was a great setup.

Was there fajitas on the late night o Sheehan menu? And what were the chicken wing flavor options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They were definitely on the menu, I just don't remember if they had them late night. I think the latest we ever ate there was 10:00ish, and the regular menu seemed to still be available, so I'm not sure what changes are made as the night goes on.

In terms of wing flavors, I remember jerk, Texas Barbeque, and a sweet/spicy chili. I think there might have also been a classic Buffalo sauce, but I don't remember for sure since I don't like Buffalo sauce.

Cheers.

They were definitely on the menu, I just don't remember if they had them late night. I think the latest we ever ate there was 10:00ish, and the regular menu seemed to still be available, so I'm not sure what changes are made as the night goes on.

In terms of wing flavors, I remember jerk, Texas Barbeque, and a sweet/spicy chili. I think there might have also been a classic Buffalo sauce, but I don't remember for sure since I don't like Buffalo sauce.

Cheers.

Awesome thanks!

Thanks so much for the details. We enjoyed our 7-Day from NOLA two years ago on the Jewel, and now are booked on the Pearl next December for a 9-Day. We get back in from that on December 23rd and plan 3 more nights in the Quarter. Your tips will really help.

Thanks so much for the details. We enjoyed our 7-Day from NOLA two years ago on the Jewel, and now are booked on the Pearl next December for a 9-Day. We get back in from that on December 23rd and plan 3 more nights in the Quarter. Your tips will really help.

I'm glad you found the review helpful. A 9-day out of New Orleans sounds great. I'd love to do that, but my upcoming cruise on Epic is going to take up basically my entire vacation for the year.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Day 7 (Cruise Day 6): Paradise

Knowing we had a delicious day ahead, we grabbed a light breakfast at Garden Café as the ship pulled in to Cozumel. Wanting as much time in port as possible, we were off the ship only a few minutes after passengers were cleared to leave.

Of all the wonderful suggestions I’ve found here on CC, perhaps the best was to visit Nachi Cocom in Cozumel. We went to Nachi on our Serenade cruise back in 2014, and it was the highlight of our trip. So, we’d been looking forward to going back for quite some time.

For those of you who may be unfamiliar with Nachi, it’s an all-inclusive resort, which only allows 100 people in per day to maintain a low-key atmosphere. Nachi sports a beautiful beach, a pool with swim-up bar, a hot tub, and fantastic food and drinks. At only $55 per person, it’s a great place to spend a relaxing beach day.

Hi Paul... I have thoroughly enjoyed your review! We cruised on the Dawn back in 2012 from Boston to Bermuda and loved her. We will be back on her this coming June for another Boston/Bermuda cruise. We also have a cruise booked for next February on the Epic. One of the ports is Cozumel. Did you book your excursion through NCL to Nachi or did you book through another excursion company(or directly through Nachi)?

thank you again for your amazing review!

Hi Paul... I have thoroughly enjoyed your review! We cruised on the Dawn back in 2012 from Boston to Bermuda and loved her. We will be back on her this coming June for another Boston/Bermuda cruise. We also have a cruise booked for next February on the Epic. One of the ports is Cozumel. Did you book your excursion through NCL to Nachi or did you book through another excursion company(or directly through Nachi)?

thank you again for your amazing review!

You book Nachi directly through their website, which I can't think of off the top of my head. Just google Nachi Cocom and you'll find it. You pay them 20% ahead of time, with the balance due when you arrive.

I'm sure you'll have an amazing time.

Cheers.

You book Nachi directly through their website, which I can't think of off the top of my head. Just google Nachi Cocom and you'll find it. You pay them 20% ahead of time, with the balance due when you arrive.

I'm sure you'll have an amazing time.

Cheers.

Thanks! Did you have any trouble getting a tender from the ship? And did you just take a cab over to Nashi?

Thanks again

Thanks! Did you have any trouble getting a tender from the ship? And did you just take a cab over to Nashi?

Thanks again

Both times we've been to Cozumel (two different piers) we didn't tender. I'm not sure if there's another pier that does require tendering, maybe double-check the Cozumel forum to be sure. And yes, you'll need to grab a cab to and from Nachi. It's $17 or $18 each way. When you're ready to leave, just tell your waiter and he will call you a cab to take you back to the ship.

Cheers.