If you miss online check in???

cls711

Any issues to be aware of at pier?

We did forget to sign up online on our last cruise. Just completely forgot. Just had to fill out a couple of extra forms before we embarked. Not a big deal at all, just faster having the paperwork with you.[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by judy.s.anderson.79

Any issues to be aware of at pier?

At most ports, no problem at all.

It only takes a little longer to check in when you get there.

They will either give you a form to fill out, or the agent will do it for you.

But at some ports that have high security, they want you to show proof that you are a passenger before allowing you to enter the port area. Typically, we just show our xpress pass and they wave us right through.

So if you don't have one, it would be a good idea to bring some other cruise document with you, such as a copy of your invoice for the cruise, available to show them.

Even if you have lost your documents and have nothing to show at all, there is nothing to worry about as you will still be admitted because they can call and confirm that you really are a passenger.

In that case, you may need to pull over to the side and wait a little longer to be cleared for admittance.

Still, it is not a problem, unless you happen to be sitting in a taxi that has the meter running. :eek:

I didn't have my express pass either. Forgot to print up luggage tags too. Totally forgot everything. We were flying to England for two weeks and then 5 days in Rome before our cruise, so was just focused on all that. Luckily our friends had two extra tags. Put them on ours. Dropped them at dock with a tip for the luggage guys and then picked them up at their cabin when they came on board.

Let me tell you, at the time, I was totally stressed out about all of that, but got it all sorted out. Won't be ever happening to me again though. Ha. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...... Luckily our friends had two extra tags. Put them on ours. Dropped them at dock with a tip for the luggage guys and then picked them up at their cabin when they came on board.

Let me tell you, at the time, I was totally stressed out about all of that, but got it all sorted out. Won't be ever happening to me again though. Ha. Ha.

Actually, you would have been luckier if your friends had not given you their extra tags because then the porters would have tagged your bags at the pier.

Or, if you prefer, you could pick up luggage tags right there and tag the bags yourself.

Then your bags would be delivered directly to your own cabin instead of theirs.

We have never needed to print our own luggage tags for any cruise we have taken, on any cruise line, because they all provided luggage tags at the pier.

But there are some passengers who enjoy printing and decorating their own luggage tags.

Celebrity has also mailed us luggage tags for a number of cruises even though we didn't order them.

A couple of times we found them waiting in the batch of mail that we picked up after returning from the cruise. ;)

Most of the times it takes too long or we don't receive the tags from Celebrities.

Never thought of decorating the tags, just easily print them up and have plastic tag holders for them. Less paperwork in the mail the better.

I discovered I didn't have my tags about three hours before boarding, so was happy to have them. No big deal picking up our luggage just around the corner on the same level.

Just one less thing I had to worry about at the pier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk