Resort for a day in Montego Bay?

horsegal

Has anyone used resort for a day for sunscape? We have a group of 6 with 2 one year olds and none of the carnival excursions look good with either to much time on a bus or really expensive for what it is. I am a bit nervous to do a non ship excursion in Jamaica with all the bad things I have read about safety there. This is not my first cruise but will be a first with our son and the other group going with us have never been.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I haven't been yet, we have it booked for our cruise in 2 weeks. I read plenty of reviews to feel that it was a great idea to book it. I didn't feel comfortable traveling too far away from port without it being a Carnival excursion and I wasn't going to pay the $$ for a Carnival excursion so this seemed like the best thing to do. All of the reviews were great and it is only a 5 minute ride from the port. I can come back in a couple weeks and report back with specifics if you like.

• 4 weeks later...
I haven't been yet, we have it booked for our cruise in 2 weeks. I read plenty of reviews to feel that it was a great idea to book it. I didn't feel comfortable traveling too far away from port without it being a Carnival excursion and I wasn't going to pay the $$ for a Carnival excursion so this seemed like the best thing to do. All of the reviews were great and it is only a 5 minute ride from the port. I can come back in a couple weeks and report back with specifics if you like.

Hi Amydresh! Please let us know how this excursion went for you. Any hiccups? Several of us are thinking about booking this one. TYIA!!

Hi Amydresh! Please let us know how this excursion went for you. Any hiccups? Several of us are thinking about booking this one. TYIA!!

The resort was nice, my boys loved the water slides and never seemed to get bored. We were able to find lounge chairs at the pool area and the beach without a problem. The drinks were good but no one walked around asking if you wanted anything, there was a guy walking the beach picking up cups and trash but never asked us once if we wanted anything. The grill was pretty nasty. The burgers were fake and the pizza was pretty much tasteless. When it was too late we realized there had been a buffet but it closed at 2 and that was right when we noticed it there so I can't comment on the food there, but I personally wouldn't waste my time getting any of the grill food, except maybe for the grilled cheese, that was actually good, but how can you mess up grilled cheese? lol The chili cheese nachos were good too, but very spicy so I couldn't eat much of them. Overall, it was a nice day and I would recommend going if you don't plan to eat at the grill and actually try out the buffet instead.

DSCF0043_zpsmpukg5nj.jpg

DSCF0103_zpseiaar9uc.jpg

DSCF0100_zpsgaalauqi.jpg

DSCF0096_zpsuttgvf4c.jpg

DSCF0050_zpsp6dv91na.jpg

DSCF0059_zpswkma0bvw.jpg

I forgot to mention that the shuttle was great, it was a very short ride, like 5 minutes. The resortforaday people pick you up directly across the street after coming out of the terminal building.

Thank you SO Much, amydresh!! I think we will go for it-it will be all adults in our party. Your pictures are Great-thanks again!!

Just got back, sunscape was fun but the buffet food was not good, the grill was better.

Well thank you for making me feel better about missing out on the buffet, but we thought the grill food was pretty nasty. lol

Well thank you for making me feel better about missing out on the buffet, but we thought the grill food was pretty nasty. lol

The burger my husband got was strange looking and he said was not good. I had the jerk chicken and it was pretty good.

The burger my husband got was strange looking and he said was not good. I had the jerk chicken and it was pretty good.

Ah yes, the jerk chicken was pretty good. My husband really liked it. The burgers were NASTY, they weren't burgers at all.

Ah yes, the jerk chicken was pretty good. My husband really liked it. The burgers were NASTY, they weren't burgers at all.

They looked like a chicken or turkey burger. It was fine for a day but I would not want to stay for a vacation there!

They looked like a chicken or turkey burger. It was fine for a day but I would not want to stay for a vacation there!

Yeah, that is probably what they are. We did enjoy it for a day but agree we wouldn't want to stay there for a week.

We are thinking about going in march. So they don't serve drink on the beach? You have to go to the bar area? How were the drinks? How was the beach?

The beach was a bit rough when we were there with some big holes and edges going in. I didn't see any servers walking around, we had to go to the bar to get drinks. The drinks I had were good.

We are thinking about going in march. So they don't serve drink on the beach? You have to go to the bar area? How were the drinks? How was the beach?

I saw a guy walking the beach past us quite a few times, he was picking up empty cups and garbage. We didn't ask him if we could place a drink order with him and he never asked anyone for orders.

We liked the beach where we were sitting, right down the stairs from the water park area. We only had virgin drinks and soda which were fine.

• 2 weeks later...

We are thinking about going here in May My only concern is if I decide to leave early I would have to pay my own way back. So my question is are taxis expensive or would it be with in reasonable walking distance to the port ?