Ruby delay on 30 Dec 16 cruise

damiross

My mom and brother are on the Ruby sailing today (30 Dec 16). I was wondering if anyone knew why it was delayed 2 hours? I'm not worried neither is my mom. It was funny, though, that I called her to ask if she knew why it was delayed and they started moving just after I started talking to her!

I'm just curious.

It's usually one of two reasons: passengers doing a B2B can't be found and delay the ship being cleared before embarkation can start. I've seen embarkation delayed for almost two hours because of four people who think the Immigration requirements don't apply to them.

The other reason could be the need for a deep cleaning if several passengers on the previous cruise had Noro.

Can't imagine why it was delayed. I got off the Ruby yesterday, the 30th. In fact, they started disembarkation at least 25 minutes early. I was supposed to walk off at 810 and actually started at 740. Got my car at the hotel and was on the road at 815. Traffic was light (took the 110-405-5) and no delays.

The cruise was fantastic and did one excursion. A very very relaxing cruise for me.