Suggestions for walking/mobility issues

TNShadyLady

First time in Aruba and have no idea about layout or distance from ship to anything of interest (even simple souvenir shopping). Elderly with mobility issues, will use cane if not too far, or walker available if needed. So how much walking is involved just getting off the ship, and walking toward town or some shopping places? Might like to take the free trolley, but would have to leave the walker behind to do that. Any suggestions?

First time in Aruba and have no idea about layout or distance from ship to anything of interest (even simple souvenir shopping). Elderly with mobility issues, will use cane if not too far, or walker available if needed. So how much walking is involved just getting off the ship, and walking toward town or some shopping places? Might like to take the free trolley, but would have to leave the walker behind to do that. Any suggestions?

Shopping, food, slots, tables, souvenir vendors, all not too far from the Dock in Aruba, right in the heart of Oranjestad, the Capitol. Taxis are plentiful, and drivers will negotiate a fair fare for tourists for half/full day touring. Many older folks, and canes and walkers are not uncommon. Also, check with the trolley operator -- walker may not be a huge problem; it is for tourists.

Unlike other islands, we've found that the people of Aruba are honest and justifiably proud of its reputation and popularity as One Happy Island, especially to American tourists. We and many others continue to return year after year. We've been 20 times in 18 years. You'll enjoy it, and want to return.

Bon Bini!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also have limited mobility, but we took an island tour from the dock. The mini bus was parked close to the ship and I think the tour cost around 25USD.

After he tour we had a look around the town and if I remember correctly we took a taxi back to the ship.

Aruba is one of our least favourite of the Caribbean islands. It is dry and arid and the capital is a bit brash.

I also have limited mobility, but we took an island tour from the dock. The mini bus was parked close to the ship and I think the tour cost around 25USD.

After he tour we had a look around the town and if I remember correctly we took a taxi back to the ship.

Aruba is one of our least favourite of the Caribbean islands. It is dry and arid and the capital is a bit brash.

That's what makes horse racing popular. Folks in Aruba speak highly of Brits. Some of them are brash, eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk