Escape family cabins

Bevr88

Hi

We are have cruised P&O and RCL and are looking at booking a family holiday on Escape. There will be 10 of us in total ranging from 2 years to 56 years.

Could anyone give me advice on the family cabins that my daughter will require for herself and the two children. Would and inside be to cramped. Which would give her the best room. I think she would worry about having balcony so it would be either an inside or ocean view. The children will be 2 and 6.

Thanks

Bev

I am heading out in 29 days on the Escape to the EC. We have three boys, 11,11 and 9. We got a family OV. From what people tell me this will be plenty big. Bathtub and all for the little ones who bathe instead of shower. Ample closet space and 2 tv's. I have only ever stayed in an inside cabin, so this is a step up. Even though the balconies are high, as a mom too, I would be constantly worried with a 2 year old. This would be my suggestion. Of someone else gets a balcony then the little ones can go on it to see and have a thrill. Then back to the window enclosed in. :p from what I understand the Windows have ledges the kids can sit in. My boys can't wait to do this. On will post a review on the room upon my return though.

Hi

We are have cruised P&O and RCL and are looking at booking a family holiday on Escape. There will be 10 of us in total ranging from 2 years to 56 years.

Could anyone give me advice on the family cabins that my daughter will require for herself and the two children. Would and inside be to cramped. Which would give her the best room. I think she would worry about having balcony so it would be either an inside or ocean view. The children will be 2 and 6.

Thanks

Bev

We were on the Escape the first week of December. There were 10 of us in our group as well.

We had a family balcony room. In that room were my wife and I and our two boys aged 4 and 1. We didn't spend a whole lot of time in there but when we were in there it was enough space. Also we had a bulky stroller that we had to keep in there too. We found the balcony to be a blessing at some points during the week. Some nights the kids needed to go down earlier then other nights. On those nights we grabbed some drinks and sat on the balcony. It was quite nice.

Also we felt very safe with the balcony. There is a lock on top and also the railing is quite high with no opening on the bottom.

Edited by rka_99

• 2 months later...
I am heading out in 29 days on the Escape to the EC. We have three boys, 11,11 and 9. We got a family OV. From what people tell me this will be plenty big. Bathtub and all for the little ones who bathe instead of shower. Ample closet space and 2 tv's. I have only ever stayed in an inside cabin, so this is a step up. Even though the balconies are high, as a mom too, I would be constantly worried with a 2 year old. This would be my suggestion. Of someone else gets a balcony then the little ones can go on it to see and have a thrill. Then back to the window enclosed in. :p from what I understand the Windows have ledges the kids can sit in. My boys can't wait to do this. On will post a review on the room upon my return though.

Hi hope you had a great trip. We are currently thinking of the Family OV for family of 5. wondering how you found it - we are currently booked in 2 adjoining interior rooms but we would save $1000 almost by booking this one OV instead. Just concerned about the space and only 1 bathroom... although I think we can manage with 2 teens - just have them get ready prior or after us (we won't always be together). Our 3rd child is 9.

Any info appreciated. What room #. Any noise issues? Thanks!

Hi

Thanks

Bev

Don't worry about the balcony. The lock that opens the door is VERY high up, so you don't need to worry about the kids going out there alone. Once you are on the balcony, the railing is about chest level on an adult. As long as you don't leave kids out there alone - all is fine.

We are an adult couple cruising with our adult daughter, hubby, 3, and 1year old for the 2019 two week Caribbean. My daughter wanted to make sure she had a bathtub in their room, so they got the family mini suite. She also wanted the extra space. We wanted to have connecting cabins, so hubby and I had no choice but to also get the family mini suite. I am kind of excited, because I have only ever sailed in balcony rooms. I know the mini suite is not much bigger, but still looking forward to it. The one thing I am not happy about, is the family minis are only on deck 9 mid ship. The problem is the decl below is the 5'oclock somewhere bar/waterfront. The Tobacco bar is also right below, as we are cabins 9808 and 9806. If anyone has had these rooms before, how is the noise and smoke? Hubby and I are ex smokers, quit 15 years ago, and we absolutely hate the smell. I'm wondering why they would put family rooms right above the bars/clubs?????