Holiday Inn Port of Miami

Rena921

Any thoughts about the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami? AAA give it 3 diamonds and found mixed reviews online...any info would be appriceated since we just booked for May 28 (pre-cruise) and still have time to cancel if need be. ;)

Thanks!

If you are talking about the Holiday Inn South Beach, yes it does get mixed reviews. We are staying there later this month. For one night, we don't mind. You can check reviews on foders.com, frommers.com or epinions.com.

Bobbi

The Holiday Inn Port of Miami http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/miabbdowntown is a favorite among quite a few cruisers on these boards. Your 5 minutes from the Port, the Bayside Marketplace with plenty of shops and restaurants is across the street. If you search this board you'll find many favorable reviews. ;)

This hotel has two things going for it. The location and price. It is across from Bayside Marketplace and close to the port. It is also one of the least expensive hotels in the area if booking without going through something like Priceline. I have stayed there a couple of times and thought that it was OK but I prefer the Marriott Biscayne Bay. I found the staff to be rather rude at the front desk.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn across from the Bayside Marketplace twice. The rooms are comfortable although not fancy. If you would like to see your cruise ship from your room, ask for one of the higher floors in the hotel. It is really exciting to wake up on the morning of your cruise and look out of the window and see your cruise ship sitting there waiting for you! I don't know if they still have a free continental breakfast but that was very nice. Have a wonderful trip!

We stayed at the Holiday Inn across from the Bayside Marketplace twice. The rooms are comfortable although not fancy. If you would like to see your cruise ship from your room, ask for one of the higher floors in the hotel. It is really exciting to wake up on the morning of your cruise and look out of the window and see your cruise ship sitting there waiting for you! I don't know if they still have a free continental breakfast but that was very nice. Have a wonderful trip!

Thank you so much! I will be sure to request a room up high looking out towards the port. The kids will love to see the ship first thing in the morning!

We're checking in the night of Sunday, 1/1, before getting on the Radiance OTS the next day. I think we land after 8 pm, so by the time we get luggage and a cab (3 of us, most cost effective and easiest way to get there is a cab, right?) to the H.I., will be after 9-9:30, just need a clean comfortable room in which to sleep. DS will still hopefully believe we are just in Miami for a trip and will not notice the Port to figure out it is a cruise we're taking. (Not even telling him about the trip at all until the afternoon of 1/1 when I'll abruptly say "lets get in the car" after packing when he is not watching).

Since we'll be checking in late during a peak vacation week, I will assume there won't be any port view rooms left by the time we check in. So long as it is non-smoking, it will be fine.

No shuttle to the port from the H.I., as I understand it, right, so will need a cab in the morning?

No shuttle to the port from the H.I., as I understand it, right, so will need a cab in the morning?

You'll pay $10 or less (per cab, not per person) going to the port the next day and taxi is so easy to get. They are always outside of the hotel waiting for passengers. They know that people use this hotel to go on a cruise. The best part about taking a cab is that you go when you want to, no waiting for a bus with a ton of other people and their luggage. It's quick, conveniant and surely more economical then the cruise transfers. ;)

We paid for NCL transfers to the Norwegian Jewel from the Holiday Inn to the ship. Perhaps your cruiseline offers the same transfers.

I AM worried about being able to get a nonsmoking room as my understanding is that if there is no availability , you don't have a choice. I would have all my clothes to smell like smoke...not to mention having to breath that stale smell all night.

Bobbi

We paid for NCL transfers to the Norwegian Jewel from the Holiday Inn to the ship. Perhaps your cruiseline offers the same transfers.

I AM worried about being able to get a nonsmoking room as my understanding is that if there is no availability , you don't have a choice. I would have all my clothes to smell like smoke...not to mention having to breath that stale smell all night.

Bobbi

Just a question, but if you made a reservation for a non-smoking room, hopefully they give you one...shouldn't they? If not, why ask preferences? And when you make a res. you are guranteed availability.

I would assume that would be a fairly busy hotel and with the holidays coming up and it seems like mostthere are quite a few cruisers that stay at this hotel you would want to make a reservation.

Just my thoughts, I might be wrong...:rolleyes:

Bobbi

It's far cheaper and easier to just grab a taxi. It's less than a 5 minute drive from the Holiday Inn to the NCL terminal. It's literally just across a street and then across a bridge! I would cancel that transfer if you can... And if you paid for a transfer from the airport to the Holiday Inn, it's a $20 cab ride from MIA to downtown Miami, again almost always cheaper than the cost of a transfer, and a whole lot easier than being crammed onto a bus, and then sitting there for a half hour or more waiting for it to fill up.

Archived