What to do in MoBay if you're over 250 lbs?

packard89

We're going to Montego Bay at the end of February. My son is bringing a friend that weighs 275 pounds, (he's a college football player) every excursion that we think about booking has a max weight requirement of 250 lbs! We don't want to just go to a beach, they want to do something adventurous......any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are you looking at cruise ship excursions? I think that they put 250 lbs weight limit on most activities for insurance reasons. Try booking an independent excursion with a local company and I doubt they will have a weight limit unless it's zip lining or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you looking at cruise ship excursions? I think that they put 250 lbs weight limit on most activities for insurance reasons. Try booking an independent excursion with a local company and I doubt they will have a weight limit unless it's zip lining or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I've been looking at cruise ship excursions. But I've also checked with some local companies and most activities that he'd like to do have a weight restriction. (White water rafting, river tubing, horseback riding) He's only 20 years old so he wants to do something action packed.

Maybe, you can try looking for bamboo rafting, as far as I remember, they told us the max weight was around 500lb, I can't remember the company. Have you look for river kayaking?

Yes, he's over the weight limit for that one too. Unfortunately.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

If you are still looking for something, check out Peat Taylor and Sons Tours. I didn't see any weight restrictions and they are very good and accommodating. I've used them before and am using them again on our cruise at the end of this month to go river tubing and to the blue hole.

There is a new guided movie tour that has recently started, Jamaica Land of Film Tour out of Mobay. Its not adventure [acked but maybe on an off day if you wanted something more relaxed it might be an option they have wonderful tour guides....Barbara and Christine and charismatic driver Mr. Spence. You can check it out here http://www.jamaicalandoffilm.com and book by emailing them at info@caribicvacations...still old school in booking no online booking option so have to call or email them.