Where could we have a vow renewal ceremony?

ekcrowley7

We are going to be taking the 10/1 cruise from New Orleans to Cozumel, Belize and Mahogany Bay for our 10 year anniversary. We'd really like to renew our vows either in New Orleans, Belize, Mahogany Bay or onboard. It is only going to be he and I going, so we do not want anything too extravagant or expensive. Really we'd just like an officant and maybe 5 photos. If it's somewhere that we could also have a nice meal (even if onboard) that would be great too. Anywhere I've been able to find so far is at least $750. That's way out of our budget after paying for a cruise already....Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

My husband surprised me with a vow renewal for our 15th in Cartagena, Columbia. We just took a tour of an old church and my mom pulled out a silk and crystal bead bouquet, my daughter, 9 at the time, read some vows and my husband presented me with a ring with our children's finger prints on it. After we got back on the ship we went to Teppenyaki. It was all free except for the tour of the church and the cover charge for Teppenyaki. The restaurant gave us an anniversary cake too. I would make some new friends to take some pictures while the two of you speak some heartfelt words in the ship's chapel (if it has one) on the deck or at some beautiful sea side vantage point and then have dinner at Cagney's. Save your $ for some sparkley jewelry or an awesome shore excursion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Go to the Cozumel Boards. There are people there you can help you. People do weddings on coz beaches all the time.

Belize has an old Anglican Church which could be of interest and there is a Cultural Museum at the old Governors Mansion which looks over the harbor. Otherwise, you'll need to find a way to get to one of the cayes if you want a beach type renewal.

Roatan has great beaches but not sure about weddings being held there. I personally wouldn't do in on the beach at Mahogany Bay, but up at Sandy Bay or on the north side of the island at one of the resorts there where there is less foot traffic, might be nice.

I love the idea of church in the forest! I've checked into costumes but we'd really prefer to do excursions there. If possible I'd like to avoid going through a wedding service. Since it's just a renewal I don't see the need for extras like license and all that jazz

Inquire about the ship's chapel and the captain presiding and perhaps a couple of on-board friends as witnesses. You could have one of the ship photogs take pictures and buy them there. Then as previous poster suggested celebrate in one of the finer dining venues on the ship.