What tour to take in Cozumel

TLHlassie

We have been to Cozumel previously and want to do something other than shopping or hanging out at a beach. There are just two of us and we also want to keep the cost down. Any recommendations for a tour? We would like to see some sights but still have time to do some shopping as well. Will be in Cozumel in February on Carnival Paradise.

Thanks for the responses! :)

We have been to Cozumel previously and want to do something other than shopping or hanging out at a beach. There are just two of us and we also want to keep the cost down. Any recommendations for a tour? We would like to see some sights but still have time to do some shopping as well. Will be in Cozumel in February on Carnival Paradise.

Thanks for the responses! :)

For two people I would recommend the Cozumel Bar Hop, Lots of reviews on this forum.

If you want a private tour we have used ToursPlaza many times - ideas of places to visit on their website. You can always just pick up a taxi at the port for a number of hours, which will be more economical but you never know what you will get in that the driver may not speak English. It is a good idea to know the places you actually want to visit - you may strike lucky but they are fundamentally a driver not a tour guide.

Edited by c-leg5

Thanks for the suggestion but would prefer seeing sights over bar hopping. Will look at Tours Plaza to see what is offered. :)

I would not dismiss the Bar Hop without at least reading the website and considering it, as it is one of the least expensive way of getting a tour of the island for two people.

However if you decide against it the ToursPlaza website will give you lots of suggestions and you could hire one of their smaller vehicles.

We have done both and enjoyed both, just as a couple. The first one is well-run and is good for touring with a group. I think the name of the tour is unfortunate and doesn't accurately describe the tour. There are many reviews and it has been enjoyed by drinkers and non-drinkers alike, although of course the socializing depends on the group on any given day.

A private tour of course gives you much more flexibility to stop where and for how long you want and personalize the route.

I would not dismiss the Bar Hop without at least reading the website and considering it, as it is one of the least expensive way of getting a tour of the island for two people.

However if you decide against it the ToursPlaza website will give you lots of suggestions and you could hire one of their smaller vehicles.

We have done both and enjoyed both, just as a couple. The first one is well-run and is good for touring with a group. I think the name of the tour is unfortunate and doesn't accurately describe the tour. There are many reviews and it has been enjoyed by drinkers and non-drinkers alike, although of course the socializing depends on the group on any given day.

A private tour of course gives you much more flexibility to stop where and for how long you want and personalize the route.

I really liked the bar hop tour and was thinking of booking this, but our sailing is early April - prime spring break for college kids. My DH and I are fun loving and I think would enjoy combo of tour, bar hop and seeing the other side of island. It's not the age range Im worried about - but also don't want to end up being the only two in a group of overly drunk heavy partying kids who are totally out of control and drinking to the point of getting sick. That would really ruin it. Is that likely or am I worrying for nothing?

I really liked the bar hop tour and was thinking of booking this, but our sailing is early April - prime spring break for college kids. My DH and I are fun loving and I think would enjoy combo of tour, bar hop and seeing the other side of island. It's not the age range Im worried about - but also don't want to end up being the only two in a group of overly drunk heavy partying kids who are totally out of control and drinking to the point of getting sick. That would really ruin it. Is that likely or am I worrying for nothing?

I cannot speak from experience but that would be my concern too! We like a drink, but we are a bit past the college scene!

All I can say is the tour is very well run, under normal circumstances it us a fun, informative tour with the ability to mingle with the group, or go solo at each venue. No pressure to do anything you don't want to do at the stops BUT you are in close proximity on the bus between stops.

The bus is a very nice, (approx 15 seater vehicle) and they do provide a bucket! I would certainly do the tour again but I personally would find another way to tour, or an alternative excursion, during Spring Break. Hopefully someone with experience will report that all was fine!

Thanks C-Leg 5! Anyone take this tour during late March/early April? Again...people drinking and getting tipsy is just fine - we're easygoing! Just looking to avoid total rowdiness to the point where it actually spoils the trip.

If no one here has gone during that timeframe, maybe I'll start a new thread that hopefully captures a past pax's attention. Or try calling the tour company and ask them. I know they want to make the sale, but given their wonderful reputation on CC and TA, seems like it's a well-run business. Maybe they are proactive in taking control of the situation before it gets out of hand.

Edited by Flafun888

Look into a jeep tour. We did that last time we were in Cozumel and it was perfect! Drove around the entire island, stopped for lunch, beach time, tequila tasting. It was really whatever we wanted to do. There were four of us so we had our own jeep and followed our guide in his jeep, no other people. He also had a cooler full of water, beer and soda for us. I loved seeing the entire island! I think we paid like $60 a person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To: sealegs5 - Is the end of April still spring break? We arrive on the 25th. I thought this would be great fun...but like you, I am not interested in wet tee shirt contests and drunk millennials. So...if someone can shed some light on that, it will affect my decision. Thanks

Edited by lizzy310

To: sealegs5 - Is the end of April still spring break? We arrive on the 25th. I thought this would be great fun...but like you, I am not interested in wet tee shirt contests and drunk millennials. So...if someone can shed some light on that, it will affect my decision. Thanks

I would think most are over by then. Maybe check out this link

https://www.ststravel.com/college-spring-break-dates

We travel quite a bit the first part of April and don't really run into college spring breakers. Most of the larger universities will have had theirs in March. There will be more families during the month of April, so a pub tour would probably be safe :) Have fun!!!

It wasn't clear if you swim and stuff when you are there. Can you do any snorkeling when on the tour? Or swimming?

If you mean the Bar Hop, no snorkeling beacause of dangerous currents.

There are some bars where you can cool off in the water and Punta Morena has a small pool but remember you only have about 40 mins at each stop, so need to be dried off to get on bus.