Is OBC per Cabin

MONKEY20

Sorry if this has been asked before, I have tried to search for the answer.

Is the on board credit per person or per cabin ?

Ian

It is laid out in your payment letter and is technically per person. Having said this we just register one credit card for the cabin and both of our OBS come off the joint account. So I think you earn it as an individual when booking but it comes of the cabin account - not sure if it works differently if you register more than one credit card?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When a cruise line advertises a cruise they will normally quote a price for the cruise holiday of say £699 and on board credit £100. This makes a cruise look artificially cheaper.

This is because you pay the £699 twice as it is based on two people sharing a cabin - so that's £1398. The OBC of £100 could be shared between the people in the cabin so that's only £50 each.

It is tempting on the original figures to think, cruise is £699 less the £100, so I am only needing to pay a total of £599 for my cruise holiday.

The OBC can be quoted either way, so you need to look at the small print especially when dealing through Travel Agents special offers.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I was unsure about the same thing before we booked last year. I had expected the OBC to be per cabin, but it turned out to be per passenger. There were two of us in the cabin, and we had 2 x the amount quoted in the promotional info. ( and, as John Watson points out, paid 2 x the advertised fare)

Edited by postcardswansea