Noisy Neighbours (on Ventura)

Mark@cfcmail.co.uk

We have been on Ventura twice, both in school holiday times with no problems at all. It was mentioned there were over 800 children on board.

We have also been on Oceana twice both in school holidays and did come across children being distruptive running in the corridors late at night and generally hanging around stairways and lifts.

These families are probably sharing 4 or 5 to a cabin and this makes the cruise quite a cheap family holiday.

It seems that they can make as much noise as possible with only warnings being issued.

I think that during the Muster station talk, the Captain should include in his talk that parents are responsible for their children's behaviour at all times including the time spent in cabins should be respectful to their neighbouring cabins.

The only cruise when we've ever "known" there were children on board was the NCL Epic. Despite this, they were never a nuisance and were really a credit to their parents. I'd be absolutely mortified if my kids were acting up like that and causing other people a pain. I'm assuming P&O and Princess cruises have generally more "quiet" children on board as the ships aren't too based around the resort model, if that makes sense? Both our kids are like my wife and me (quite timid) so not having a party atmosphere works a treat (our days of disco are long gone!!) :)

What you say about the cost of very true. For our cruise next year, even with a balcony cabin, what we paid was significantly cheaper than what a two-week holiday at an all inclusive resort in summer would, and it's more adventurous while still being relaxing!

At least OP got moved, the problem however is that there's nothing P&O can realistically do to stop them short of disembarking them off the ship (if they don't listen to anything else) unfortunately.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I really sympathise with you Mark, it must have been dreadful. We had a sleepless 14 night cruise on Azura due to noise from a lifeboat so I know how lack of sleep can affect you and ruin a holiday. Had a little look at this family on facebook and they were a group of 28. This was not the first time they have cruised, they did a cruise a year ago as a large group and look like they plan to go again. Hope they are not on the same cruise as you or me.